TAT Got a new Tatoo last night but i have a question...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DNA2112, Feb 9, 2004.

1. DNA2112

DNA2112 4967 OT Supporter

I got a new Tattoo last night and have a question. The new one is on the inside of my Bicep which I have been thinking about getting done for a while now. I know I’m supposed to leave it open and moistened (I’m using Cherry Balm which they sold me at the shop) but tomorrow at the office, the Cherry Balm is going to reek havoc on the inside sleeve of my shit. Is there anything I can put over it or am I going to have to bit the bullet and get a greasy spot on the inside of my bicep? I didn’t even think to ask the artist last night and they are closed today. Any info or ideas would be great.

Thanks

2. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

Blot off the excess?

3. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

You shouldn't be using so much of it that it would create a grease spot on your shirt. You want to keep the area moist, but not covered in goo, the skin needs to breathe. Just rub in a fingertip full every now and then, that should be fine to keep the area moist, but it won't leak onto your shirt.

Or, wear a thin undershirt, then if a grease spot does appear, it appear only on the undershirt where no one will see it anyway.

4. DNA2112

DNA2112 4967 OT Supporter

Thanks a million for the info. Will have pictures in a few days.....

5. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

Ugh.... thats a tough one. I always used A&D ointment, my s/o swears by lubriderm lotion though. That burned my skin though when I put it on :-/

6. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Vitamin A & D is the best for tats. most shops will give you a small sample pack that, even on the biggest tats will last almost a week. Tattoo Goo is also good, but remember, with Tattoo Goo, a little bit goes a LONG way.

7. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

Tattoo Goo is awesome.

8. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

In my shop and for my customers I advise them not to put the ointment on heavy, the worst thing to do, is to suffocate your tattoo, it is much better to keep it DRY then to keep it moist, Keeping it moist will cause the ink to fade, . my sugestion is to apply the ointment and blot of the excess, , it should be so thin, that a small piece of tissue will not stick to it.
    www.TATTUZ.com