WEB Got a new site, need some help with launch content

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MikeTheVike1, Apr 30, 2010.

1. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I'm about to launch a new site, but I need some launch content. If you are a designer/developer and use wireframes to plan your site/app/project, let me know and I'll put your project on the site for launch to promote it. It might drive a little traffic to your site. I'll post the url if its ok to, but its offline until I launch it anyway. I can send some screenshots if you want o make sure its legit.

2. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

details are overwhelming, bro

3. SmugZombie

SmugZombie OT Supporter

It hurts my eyes to read all of em

4. Afanasi

Afanasi Heterosapien

apparently his site showcases nothing but site wireframes? i bet it's going to get millions of views!

5. MikeTheVike1

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted originally. It's like a css showcase site, where people submit their sites/projects/apps and I'll post them and people can view browse them for inspiration/ideas/etc. Designers/developers use it to promote their sites and get a little traffic from it.

As there are already a bunch of css showcase sites I wanted something a little different. The focus will be on the wireframes people draw while planning their projects. It will show images of the wireframes along with a screenshot of the site/project/app. It will link to the site and the designer/developer can provide some information about the project.

Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to scan/take some pics of some wireframes or sketches and shoot me the project info.

6. MikeTheVike1

I didn't realize the goal of every website out there was to get a million views...I have an interest in wireframes and a designers/developers process and I know other people do as well. If you don't, thats fine. I figured at least a couple people on here would want to promote something.

7. Afanasi

Afanasi Heterosapien

that's cool, i actually use creattica.com a lot to get inspiration. good luck to you

8. MikeTheVike1

I have launched the site with the submit page as the home page in hopes it will make it easier for people to contribute before launch. I also want to test the form a bit. If anyone creates wireframes while planning websites, apps, etc. Please feel free to contribute!

I have a couple large design blogs and a popular podcaster who said they would tweet about the site after launch, so it's possible to drive a little traffic to your site if you are on the home page at launch.

http://www.wireframeshowcase.com

9. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Hmm. I think it's an interesting idea, but it's hard to say where it will go. Wireframes do play an essential role in web design, much more than the average designer would think. I think those working for a high-traffic conversion-based model could benefit off a site like yours by implementing different a set of wireframes, and doing some a/b testing to see how their users are reacting to them. Assuming that the creative and general user experience is similar. It can be proven, depending on how you measure success on your website, that certain wireframes can outperform others.

10. MikeTheVike1

I launched the site this morning, feel free to take a look and let me know what you think. I'm still tweaking things and bug hunting so let me know if you find anything, thanks!

http://www.wireframeshowcase.com