TAT got a new piece on my forearm.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by november, Jan 16, 2010.

1. november

november New Member

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Also, I've been using liquid dial soap with warm water to wash it 4 times daily and after I wash it I apply A&D ointment. Is this a good method? I dont want it to fade like my other tattoo did. My last tattoo I used Aquaphor and my tattoo faded a shit ton and looks like shit now.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. changeyez

changeyez New Member

Everyone has different methods because different people react differently to being tattooed. I used this method and it worked great for me....

2 times a day with unscented bar soap, pat dry, then aquaphor. Do this until it begins to scab. Once scabbing, apply cetaphil 2-3 times a day. Once healing is complete, apply cetaphil (lotion) 1 time a day as part of a long term maintenance process. Since yours is on your arm, best to use lotion with sunscreen.

3. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

aquaphor does not fade tattoos, must have been something else.

4. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

Looks good
    I just use unscented bar soap once in the morning and once at night, and then apply A&D lightly.

5. november

november New Member

Maybe it was because I kept plastic wrap on it because I was doing insulation at the time, so I didn't want to get fiber glass in it.

So when it starts to scab up should I apply unscented lotion or will I be okay doing nothing with it. It's weird because I just had it done Friday and its not red anymore and there's not any pain and it doesn't seem to be scabbing up or anything. It's almost like it's fully healed already. :dunno:

6. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

It will start to scab in a few days. Just keep lotion on it but not to much all the time. You want to let it breathe a little bit. This is when the scabbing will start.

7. TWG

TWG New Member

if the tattoo is done properly and taken care of properly then there shouldn't be any scabbing at all.

8. phigity

phigity New Member

I've only had one tattoo not produce real scabs. I've had multiple artists, body areas, and aftercare procedures.

OP, I like it. I personally don't put anything on it for 3 days then after a light scabbing I'll apply some unscented lotion 2-4 times a day when needed. I also wait 4 hrs after a shower before putting on lotion to allow the pores to close first.

9. TWG

TWG New Member

That sucks, I cant speak on your artists but you just admitted to shitty aftercare.

10. phigity

phigity New Member

The last tattoo I had was the one that didn't scab (just flaked lightly) and the above is what I did. All prior ones I would apply lotion/ointment starting right after the first shower/cleaning. Go figure.

11. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

no scabbing on my recent piece. just some light flaking.

12. Memor

Memor Active Member

Werd, definitely not the ointment. I've never even used it on my various ink. Just some soap in the shower and maybe moisturize it 1-3 times a day when it gets dry for a bit.

13. THoC

THoC New Member

my tats normally scab in a few areas and ive had multiple artists and do take care of my work.

ive never scabbed from line work but once they do shading/coloring i do. probably due to going over same spot during session.

14. Nyxious

Nyxious New Member

Very nice.... I have 2 tattoos for now. Wanting a third the next time I go to England.

15. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

aquaphor for 2-3 days
    unscented currel until it heals

ftw.

also the plastic wrap prob had something to do with it, your tattoo just like any other wound needs to breath in order to heal properly.

16. Scold

Scold OT Supporter

What works for me, and has worked wonderfully thus far on my backpiece: Once I get home from from getting tattooed, I get in the shower, and get the water as hot as I can possibly stand it. Then I have the water go over my tattoo for about 20-30 seconds, and it seems to pull all of the plasma (clear fluid) out. After that I use Dove soap and clean the tattoo, then with super hot water I wash the soap off for about another 20 seconds. I continue this pattern twice a day for a week.

I don't apply lotion for the first 2 days, but after that I put it on twice a day. I use Curel and have not had any problems, and my tattoo's are usually healed in less than 10 days.