Got a new bike yesterday

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by i64X, Feb 21, 2008.

1. i64X

i64X New Member

I don't physically have it yet - it's too cold and the roads are too sketchy to ride it home right now - so they're going to deliver it on Saturday in a covered trailer, but I'm still excited.

This will be my fourth bike... now I get to sit and stare at it until winter is over in Michigan. :-(

2007 Yamaha FJR1300A - same color as below, black cherry. The color looks different in almost every picture I see it in. I didn't like it online, or under the fluorescents in the showroom, but when they salesman wheeled it outside in the sun it came alive. In natural light it looks like a very deep, rich blood red that's very fluid. I love it.

It's sure to be a good year for riding.

[​IMG]

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Make sure to run it once a week to keep the top of the engine from drying off completely.

3. i64X

i64X New Member

Yep - I've been doing that with my other one to keep the engine all lubed and to keep the battery from dying.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sucks how cold it gets up there. I used to live near Detroit -- cold as all fucking hell in the winter. I moved south and never looked back.

5. Lightsped

Lightsped Glockaholic

A coworker of mine has one like that. His is a dark greyish color I believe. Maybe a year old. His is a regular manual tranny, but I saw some of these at the Bike Show that were clutchless....

6. i64X

i64X New Member

Mine's one of the regular manual ones. They make an "AE" model that's clutchless. All of the reviews I've read of the clutchless ones said that they kinda suck at low speeds. They didn't have an of the clutchless models where I picked this one up.

7. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

I test drove on several years ago at Yamaha's Star Days... Really liked the bike but the tank got REALLY HOT. I understand the heat issue has been fixed and I may just get one yet

8. i64X

i64X New Member

I've read that the heat issue was fixed in 2006. There are adjustable vents on the bike that will let you direct the hot air toward you or under the bike depending on what you want at the time. Up here in MI I hope it gets pretty warm. :)

9. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

if it's a new bike, you really don't want to start it up and not ride it.

and really, every week? :rofl:

10. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

It could sit for 5 years and there would be the same amount of oil in the top end as there was a half hour after the bike was shut off.