got a job, worried we'll drift

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by craigl33, Jul 27, 2007.

1. craigl33

craigl33 New Member

i see my gf everyday. i got a job and working full time and i'm afraid we won't have time together. anyone experienced with this? any good advice?

2. DOBERMAN

DOBERMAN New Member

I only saw my ex on the weekends so we tried to make the best of it. We always went to new places and tried to take advantage of every second since we only had two days before having 5 off. Then of course when ever an opportunity came up to meet during the week we did that too.

My current gf also has a messed up schedule (like I do) but luckily she works and lives 5 min away from my so I always stop by for a cig during lunch time and we meet up for coffee after work.

I agree though... If you start slacking off, its really easy to drift apart :noes:

3. Rich

Rich New Member

Worried about drifting? It's easy, just turn the wheel, kick the clutch and hold the gas and watch that ass end slide around. Just don't put it into a wall or pole.

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Just stay in constant contact. I only get to see my GF on weekends cause she lives 45 mins from my house (yea I know)

She got a summer job at some vet hospital, but the schedule was fucked up, 6am-8pm thursday through sunday. Man that was a pain in the ass. Now im leaving for school!

distance sucks, but just try to call her every time you can, hell I send text messages of random BS every hour or so, it works

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

This is probably the best thing for your relationship anyway. You never ever want to suffocate one another and see each other daily, because it can get very old. At first (with this new job) you will probably be stressing about when you can make time to see her, but trust me, you'll make time if you want to make time. Don't let long absences freak you out and ruin what you have.

6. craigl33

craigl33 New Member

uh oh. last night she came to my place at like 2am and was crying how she's been distancing herself from me. she said sometimes when we're hanging out she looks forward to being alone at her apartment...

7. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

I only see my gf now, only once a week, Its been like that for a couple of months, I work about 13 hours a day as does she, She is a pharmacist and her schedule changes from week to week, I'm lucky to even see her, but when we do meet up, even if its for a couple of hours, we make it count. We go do something different each time or we just stay with each other for the couple of hours and cuddle and what not. You can make it work, I'm living proof of that. Just don't freak out, its going to feel differnet because you've basically seen each other every single day, just don't freak out too badly... seriously

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Hate to say it...but "I told you so." Suffocating a girl and seeing her every single day is going to annoy her eventually. So getting this job is the best thing that could happen to your relationship because you'll actually have a life that doesn't revolve around her.

9. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

i see my girlfriend once a week, she has a job and goes to school and i have two jobs and im starting a class in the fall on top of all that, IT FUCKING SUCKS, i miss her more than anything all the fucking time and it makes me sick to think about how i never see her.

10. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

Ill agree with you on that, I totally miss my girl.

11. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Welcome to the real world....in a marriage or living together, chances are both people will work FT jobs and their time together will be at night and/or on the weekends. As was previously said, this is indeed good for the relationship. Its easy to keep something going when you are always together, but requires work, and IMO, more devotion, to keep it strong when you are each living your own life.

I see my man Saturday and Sundays. Mon-Fri we spend doing our own things. We went from spending every day together, living in the same town, to living an hour away and both working FT jobs. Its a change, but nothing that cant be survived if the relationship is a strong one.

12. Toyman321

Toyman321 New Member

exactctly, most people have jobs... if you want a relationship to last (as in wedding bells) this is something your going to have to deal with. This month I will have literately seen my wife for two days, I've been gone on business and she's leaving tomorrow morning.... it sucks but thats the way the world works.

13. low20

low20 Member

its not that bad man...thats life...everyone has jobs...u dont wanna spend 24hrs a day with her, ud get annoyed and bored...having a job is great