A&P Got a Hoya Intro Filter Pack..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by verbal, Apr 5, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Comes with a CP, UV, and Warming filter. Not totally sure when to use the Warming. Am I wrong in thinking that if I'm outside to always use the CP filter? Or does it depend on what I'm taking pics of?

What are the best situations to use CP vs. UV?

How about warming?

2. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

UV stays on your lens always, never take it off. It's for protection purposes only.

EDIT: It doesnt matter if you take it off, but if you're going to take it off, why have it on there.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

wat?

4. CombatWombat

CombatWombat oh shit, zombies bro

warming filter you'd use if you wanted to make something warmer, so you had a lot of red in the scene, use the filter and it will dull down all the other colours, remember red = warm, blue = cool, colour temperature.

its also useful under lighting which can sometimes appear overly blue, so you use the filter to boost the red

5. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Well it was stupid of me to say "NEVER take it off" because I don't even use them.

But the point of a UV filter is insurance/protection, so if you'not not gonna keep it on 100% of the time, why spend the money

6. ravenspy57

ravenspy57 New Member

Hm, these aren't multicoated are they? Be careful of using them when the sun is close to the frame. They may flare easily. To answer your question, use the CP when you want darker skies or to get rid of reflections.

7. twinturboteddy

twinturboteddy Bling Bling!

Get a GOOD UV filter and NEVER take it off. Listen to him. If you have a CP you want to use. Use it on TOP of the UV.

I'm not big on warming filters since they will always cause a slight level of light loss. If you are shooting digital that's what WB is for.