A&P Got a free camera today!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Valence, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

I'm not one of the point and clickers, back in high school I took an "art" photography class, different from journalism, i liked it, but my camera belonged to the school. I just sorta fell in love with an old heavy slr with manual everything.
    My father had a minolta xg-m he recently gave me, comes with a 210 mm zoom, a 75 zoom. Looking around for a 25~50 mm lens, a teleconverter, and a few macro lenses for extreme close up details. Maybe a fisheye someday. My only problem is that after I shot the first roll of film, the film advance lever does not work, it moves, but when it moves it does nothing. So it looks like I am going to have to get it fixed in a shop.

Anyway, other than ebay, does anyone know a good board for used camera parts and or used cameras? :wiggle: Looking to pick up quite a few extra lenses, and some magnification filters and the like.

Second topic, film. I understand film, it seems like ebay is the BEST place to get film cheap.
    first deal

I have never heard of Konica film, so I am a little wary.

The next one , 20 rolls of Polaroid 35 mm High Definition Film. 24 exposures per roll 200 speed, ends kinda soon, 11 bucks. I could pay up to 30 bucks for this, in a bid. Opinions, comments on prices of film, places you get it cheaper?

2. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

konica is good

3. Kronos

Kronos Guest

Two things, why use used parts? If there's a local camera shop have them fix it, they'll worry about where to find the parts of course they'll charge you for em, but you won't have to worry about if they're coming from a good source or not. Granted their may only be used parts out there for your camera, but most shops will warranty thier work for at least 30 days. If the replacement part is bad the shop shouldn't charge you for it. Secondly, aren't you now afraid someone will just go and bid $35-40 for that film? :)

Edit: Konica actually bought the Minolta company about 9 months ago.

4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

Wasn't looking for repair parts, i meant accessories.. like shutter cable, lenses etc. Not worried about the film, i found a cheap place online, most of the film in bulk like that on ebay is expired. There is a guy selling like 70 rolls of walgreens brand film that expired in July of 2002. So I'm not interested in that.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

I have found this site to be helpful, a WIDE range of film, hard to find film too, iso 50 and stuff like that. pretty cheap, with shipping, about as much as you could expect to pay in a store if you have a photo store around you.