Got a few questions about XM Commander...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

2. 04

04 Guest

It probably uses a FM modulator, so you will have to tune your radio to a specific station.

3. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

Any idea on how it installs onto the dash? Or does it just attatch somehow?

4. 04

04 Guest

My guess is that it probably attaches to the dash with velcro or something similar. I am not sure though.

5. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

here's the info on it: since you have a stock H/U in a GM vehicle you will need to get the antenna adapters (there are two of them: Metra 40GM10 and Metra 40GM20) with these you will use the FM Modulater that will attach through a 12v switched power wire and a Ground wire (for the life of me I can't remember now if it has a 12v constant wire that needs to be hooked up, and I just installed one a few hours ago in an Accord. If it does though you just connect it to a 12v constant wire behind the radio.) From there you have all your wiring done. all you have left is to run the antenna wire and choose the location you want to mount it. It uses 3M double sided sticky tape that needs to be heated to atleast 60 degrees Farenheidt. If you heat it as directed it will stick with no problem to almost anything and shouldn't ever lose it's stickiness. If you have any other questions about it let me know. I've installed several of these at work.