GUN Got a co-worker hooked today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Sep 2, 2004.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I was talking to a couple of guys at work about guns the other day. Another guy said he had never shot anything before and wanted to know if I would take him out. Needless to say, I was more than happy to oblige. Started him out with my 10/22 then moved him up to my Kel-Tec P11. After that I let him shoot my Kimber which he liked alot. I also let him put a round through my .50AE. He got a big kick out of that(pun intended). He did really well for a first timer. I made sure to give him proper instructions on technique and safety. With the 10/22, he had almost no trouble at all. Once I reminded him to gently and steadily squeeze the trigger, he was off and running. A few form pointers with the pistols and he was on target. After we were done, he said he had a lot of fun and can't wait to go again. He's even pondering his first purchase once he can afford it. Just thought I'd let ya'll know that I brought another person into the fold. :wiggle: :cool: :bigthumb:

2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

gj, most of my friends wont even touch a gun :mamoru:

3. atomlowe

atomlowe meh....member

GJ, nothin like getting more people involved.

I love hook'n friends on guns. Got a buddy thats already arranged a private class for firearms training for a bunch of friends. Its like crack, the first time is free....then they buy their own and you whore their toys!!!

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

you guys have to convince friends to go shooting? hell, i just don't make friends with people that don't shoot. i ran across this little old lady today, one of my customers at the music store where i work, who shoots. we got to talking about musicians and hearing loss, and she mentioned she saw these cool earmuffs at the range (from her description, i deduced that they were peltors of some sort), blah blah, and then we got to talking about shooting a little.

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

a bunch of us from work went out tonight. and yes, he was there and yes, he admitted to being hooked. it's always nice to make a convert :)

6. mrbill

mrbill New Member

because of all the bad press they recieve.

7. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

:werd: one of my female friends is the same way. When she couldnt give me a reason why, i told her she watches too much movies, and she slapped me :wtc:

8. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

my girlfriend was scared too, but eventually after we went to the range she started to ease up. Shes not a fanatic or anything, but she's willing to shoot. Hopefully I'll get her used to my 9mm and she'lll be able to get a handgun of her own

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

my ex loves to shoot. however, i refuse to take her, because she's an anti-gun flaming liberal. she's told me before in the same breath that while she loves shooting other people's guns, she thinks they should be outlawed. all of them. needless to say, one of the MAJOR reasons why she's my ex. great sex, though.