GUN Got a Beretta M9, holster suggestions? *PICS*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by IHAVECRABS, Jan 25, 2007.

1. IHAVECRABS

IHAVECRABS Diversity is our strength. LOLOL

So i picked it up yesterday. Its my first real handgun, if you dont count my ruger .22.

I love how it feels in my hands...and so sessy :hs:

Im at college right now so i have to wait until i get done classes today at 4:00 to shoot it... cant wait. Ill have a range report later this evening. I popped off one round in my backyard yesterday though :o shot at one of my baseballs and missed it :hsugh:

Anyone have any holster recommendations for left handed OWB? Not able to carry it in maryland (WTF) but I will be open carrying it in Virginia occasionally...I have some friends in Virginia and am down there every so often.

2. IHAVECRABS

sorry. pics here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

yay for beretta crew!

I am a big fan, have several myself. go shoot it and see if u want to improve anything. there are a few common mods u can do.

4. IHAVECRABS

I just got back from the range and :bowdown:

Put about 275 rounds through it without a hitch. Awesome gun :bowdown: Cant really think if anything i would want to change :dunno: Maybe a lighter double action pull but I dont normally have a problem with double action anyway.

I was thinking about getting one of these blackhawk SERPA holsters:

[​IMG]

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcsehomaf.html

They look pretty decent.

5. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

what are marylands gun laws like?

6. :o Maybe he's a cop since a lot of them use those around here.

7. IHAVECRABS

Sorry i forgot to mention. No carry in MD :nono: but I am in Virginia for extended stays oftentimes because i have a few friends down there. Virginia open carry without a permit is legal and accepted. The holster would also be worn on my property for when i go back into the woods, i dont like stray cats :hsugh:

8. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Especially with a 1911 in it. :bigthumb:

That said, congrats on your purchase. I'm not a fan of double action, but as long as YOU'RE happy with it. :)

9. silversilvia

1. well there is a common D spring mod. do a search for a guy name "olhasso" u can buy a 9XD hammer spring which is rated at around 16# instead of the normal 20#. it will lighten your double action and single action. best mod u can do because its only $8.

2. trigger spring can be changed from the normal to a wolff conversion unit. there are reduced weight so u can lighten it even furthur plus its easier to handle when u strip it down (i have lost numerous stock trigger springs). $20

3. you can buy an "elite" hammer. which is hollow in the middle and they come on elite models. not too much function wise, but it looks pretty cool. $30

4. u can do a trigger job for the price of some sand paper and polishing compound, helps make the trigger a bit smoother

5. recoil buffers

6.trigger with over travel stop.

7. replace recoil spring to your load.

anyways just to name a few, i have done a lot of those on my own 92FS, but i also have a 92S i keep stock.

10. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Just bought a Stoeger/Berettea Cougar which is essentially just a compact version of what you have. It's heavy, but I really like it.

11. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

SERPA FTL

If you want a holster with retention, get one with a thumb snap.

12. silversilvia

wrong, different designs. the compact version of a 92 is a 92 compact.

13. IHAVECRABS

:cool: thanks. im definitely gonna look into that 9XD (did you mean springfield XD 9mm?). Is the double action trigger pull on the M9 really 20 pounds? :eek3:

I already ordered one. Thats ok though, it was only 35 bucks. I'll give it a try. I was thinking of getting a nice leather holster anyway just to have one.

14. silversilvia

sorry i meant 90's series D spring. basically they made a 92D, and a 96D which were double action only and they had a lighter hammer spring to lower the DA pull. however replacing this u will improve both DA and SA on normal models and the trigger pull isn't actually 20 lbs but it is what the spring is rated for.

i think with all this u can get the SA trigger pull down to MAYBE 4.5 lbs. anyways try the D spring. u have to half way disassemble the gun, but if u know what u are doing it takes like 5 minutes. best bang for your buck.

WARNING, when u disassemble the trigger bar, the trigger spring WILL fly out. so put your hand or a rag over the area. i have lost like 3 of them so far.

good luck. oh and there is a beretta forum with all these answers for ya.

15. IHAVECRABS

thanks :bigthumb: I'll probably try it this coming wednesday since im off of work.