WEB google referals going the way of the dodo.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by copiertalk, Jul 1, 2008.

1. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

I got an email google is looking to phase out the referal program.

I was not going to get rich but it was helping to pay the bills. Anyone willing to help market a small forum?

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

adsense referrals pretty much sucked anyway. firefox leads could make some more money.

But there are plenty of ad networks that have better referral programs anyway. What kind of forum do you have?

3. copiertalk

A small Tech community. Referals were a small part but helped. I have seen other programs but I am unsure of what direction to take with ads. I am trying to mail out fliers for people in the industry but postage will kill me.

4. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Have you tried any of the CPA networks? You can offer direct referrals to the network for other publishers or just promote specific related offers.

Market Leverage is a good one with a nice 5% referral payout for other publishers (pm me if you want to sign up with my link lol:x:). But with the many offers you should also be able to find plenty of related advertisers to fit your site.

Most CPA ads pay a lot more than you can make with adsense anyway.

5. copiertalk

Do you mean programs simular to CJ or ebay? I have signed up for them but the ads for printers from cj took for ever to load and ebay has only a limited amount of ads to place. I am trying to find more on them, but google incorporated a large number of their ads already and I got paid for impressions as well as clicks.

6. exify

exify Active Member

how do i get access to the tech manuals and such on the forum? i work in a printing facility.

7. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

PM me your url and I'll let you know what I would personally do and help you find something that may work. There are a ton of options to monetize but hard to know without looking at it.