WEB google page ranking question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by whomadewho, Dec 7, 2007.

1. whomadewho

whomadewho Ohhh FCN Ohhhhh FCN!

I am planning on making about 15 different sites for 15 different small building contractors / painters / car mechanics, etc... in my area and they barely use any traffic. If I were to host all of the domains on one single shared hosting account and crosslink them to each other, would the fact that they are hosted in the same place lower the google page ranks compared to them not being hosted in the same place?

2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

You would get hit by a penalty faster then you could say "page rank" if you do that.

It doesnt matter if you host them on same shared domain, dozens of websites that rank very well are hosted like that. Crosslinking between them on the other hand will hurt you.

It would not lower the actual "Page Rank" that google uses per se, but it would not help you natural rankings at all.

3. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

so what exactly is so bad about hosting multiple sites on one hosting account?

4. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

Nothing.

5. whomadewho

whomadewho Ohhh FCN Ohhhhh FCN!

crosslinking would hurt? It won't be like a linkfarm but rather kind of a network. Maybe I am missusing the word crosslinking. I just mean every site will have a page with the other companies' urls on it and a small description about the company

6. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

That is the defination of a link farm.

It is alright to have a "links" page with small description of websites. Infact some of my top ranking projects have a nice small link page with links to other similarly themed respected websites.

Having 15 links to different unrelated sites with each of those sites linking back to you and other 14 sites is a nice little neighborhood which will be quickly picked up by Google.

Anyways, you can try it... but It certainly WONT help you get ranked any higher.