Google not loading

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hoglund53, Sep 22, 2003.

1. hoglund53

hoglund53 New Member

Ok obviously google isn't down. I have had a problem loading www.google.com in the last few days-i enter it and it just doesn't load-comes back after a minute saying page not available. I have a feeling there's some kind of setting that's screwed up in IE. It's not working on my roommates computer either-we use a cable modem through a D-link router.

What would cause this? I've noticed some other sites loading a bit slowly as well.

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Are you running any File-sharing apps in the background? The problem that my D-link gives me is that when working with too much bandwidth, it tends to give error signals instead of "hang on jus a second" signals

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

yeah, check out the router. if you two are sharing it, and both of you are having problems loading pages, its gotta start from somewhere.

4. hoglund53

hoglund53 New Member

I'm gonna try resetting the router to default.

Do you guys know that file that changed some registry settings so webpages load faster? I can't remember what it was called. It changed around some registry settings I think.

5. hoglund53

hoglund53 New Member

No luck on fixing the problem with resetting the router. Any other suggestions :dunno:

6. hoglund53

hoglund53 New Member

Oh and I'm not currently running any file sharing programs either.

7. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

call your ISP - I used to have this problem all the time when I had cable access with Cox

8. Syrinx1976

Syrinx1976 Guest

i had the same problem when i first got comcast cable. First go to Tools on your web browser then to internet options, then connections click LAN settings, then make sure nothing is checked under proxy server also check content make sure that no content advisor is on. It worked for me but you may have a diferent problem with your router or etc.