Google Code Jam Comp! Whos doing it?!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cyberbob08, Jul 17, 2008.

1. cyberbob08

cyberbob08 If we shouldnt eat animals, why are they made of m

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

oh look, thousands of lines of more horrible code encouraged by the google code monkeys.

Honestly, google needs to stop encouraging quick horrible code and have a contest for who can write GOOD code. Google needs to completely re-do everything.

3. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

I got 50 points. I can't believe the top ranks were written in C++ and Java. I didn't even attempt the third problem :o.

4. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

what kind of problems are they?

5. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

:werd:

I've never heard of this.

6. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

7. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I like programming but after spending 8 hours doing it at work each day I'm not about to do it when I get home too lol.

It's hard enough getting cursor movement working smoothly with this touchwheel when this slow piece of shit instrument can only sample it every 1/4th of a second, so you move your finger more than a full rotation and suddenly it thinks you're going backwards because you crossed the 0th/31st point threshold at 270 degrees... So I implemented a history and poll the keypad more often than it is possible to respond to it and keep a running total of positive and negative delta's to determine intended direction when it can finally be handled in the course of the main loop but god forbid I use 3 16 bit words of memory without the thing crying that it is out of memory...

Doesn't help we are pushing the limits of this processor so far that our stack is almost always within a few words of full the entire time its running and our RAM is more than gone lol. This is a TI DSP processor I'm talking about...

8. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

why are you using a dsp for a mouse?

9. CodeX

CodeX Guest

The cursor is a vertical bar that indicates your position in meters on a grid that shows dB power level versus distance. It is a hand held optical time domain reflectometer... or basically a fiber optic test tool. The touchwheel we use is the same one used on the ipod apparently and it controls UI interaction, in that case moving the cursor closer or further away distance wise to see various measurements per meter.