WEB Google and The Order of Men (Please help me help others find us)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MikeEagle12, Mar 8, 2008.

1. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

I created a website called The Order of Men a couple months ago which a community geared towards the virtues/attributes all men should hold. It promotes camaraderie and fellowship for men while highlighting true heroes of men to show example. Is has a number of forums in military, guns, women, sports, automobiles, games, science, technolgy, home improvment, everything guy related.

My question is, how can I help others find us through google? What key words should I center on?

One of my major competition, men's almanac, recently changed there listing to Men's Forum under google. Should I do this as well? Heck, I'm not even sure how I would do this in the first place.

what mensalmanc's link looks like in google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GSPA,GSPA:2005-31,GSPA:en&q=mens+almanac

and mine, Order of Men

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GSPA,GSPA:2005-31,GSPA:en&q=order+of+men

I currently don't have any page rank, but should have some next update as I've been exchanging links alot lately.

I'm really new to all of this, so any help to better optimize my site for google searchings would be appreciated. Oh and I'm using vbulletin as my software.

The Order of Men- http://www.orderofmen.com

2. Browning

Browning Active Member

Code:
    men, mensalmanac, almanac, mens health, food, women, forum, mensforum, man forum, mens forum, mansforum, man's forum, men's forum, chat forum, men's chat forum, success, car forum, money forum, money
    there's their keywords. Maybe you can use those as a reference?

Not sure it matters but shouldn't you have a space after each comma in your keywords? Most of yours do not.

I'm interested in hearing about how to focus on google as well as I need help too.

One thing you can do is join stumbleupon and get some traffic that way. I just stumbled it and reviewed it:wavey: Digg is another good traffic source. Oh and I wouldn't be worrying too much about the competitors as of yet

3. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

google doesn't look at keywords.

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

start reading up on SEO.

I have been recently :o

Pretty interesting stuff, that'll really help ya out

5. symptic

symptic I run companies

Make your URL's text-based rather than based on the thread or post #.

i.e.: Right now they display as orderofmen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486

You should instead make it orderofmen.com/forums/armory/marine-corps-week-on-the-military-channel.html

Make thread open to Google Bot and provide the tools necessary for users to link back to the thread/post.

6. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

Buy vBSEO. VERY well worth it.

Then digg really good threads, and reddit, and then go around posting comments on blogs using your site url as your website. Not too many, but just a few. 30-40.

When you post threads, be sure to bold a few keywords each time.. if you're going to digg the thread. Using digg isn't JUST about getting traffic, it's also very beneficial SEO wise.. and if it's good content, others will blog it.. which means more back links.

vBSEO will help tremendously, though. I assure you.

7. symptic

symptic I run companies

Digg has no-follow, so it's not entirely helpful SEO-wise. But still do it.

8. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

can I do this through vbulletin? If so, how?

9. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

also how would I get it to say

Order of Men Home- Men's Forum?

right now it just says Order of Men Home when looking it up in google. Is there some option in vbulletin?