LGBT ********Good Tuesday Morning!**********

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Jun 8, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

2. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:wavey: How was your weekend?

3. NOVAJock

It was ok. I ran errands most of Saturday. Cleaned my apartment, etc. Then went out dancing to Madonna-rama at a local dance club with a bunch of friends. Had an absolute blast. I danced with a friend of mine that used to be a Marine. I've never seen an ex-Marine dance in Stilettos and fish net stockings like he can. :rofl: He looks like a freak when he goes out dancing, but he's a blast to go out with and the boy can move! :rofl:

I got home drenched in sweat. I literally wrung my shirt out in the sink. :)

Sunday I worked out and napped on the couch in front of the TV. :wiggle:

How was your weekend?

4. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

:rofl: Sounds like you had fun. :)

Hmm...my weekend. Well the SO and I spent too much money just like any other weekend. Good thing we can afford our shopping trips. I think we've spent a couple grand in the last couple of weeks. :eek3:

Sunday we went to Homo Depot and bought some Purple Grass and 10 bags of mulch and played in the backyard. It was a busy day but we got a lot accomplished and the yard looks great. We also went to walmart and bought some nut and berry seed, sunflower chips and black oil sunflower seeds for the birds. These birds are going to make us go broke the way they eat up all the food we buy in just a couple of days. :hs:

5. NOVAJock

Awesome! Sounds like you guys had a productive weekend.

I know what you mean about the spending too much money thing. That's one of the reasons why I'm looking around for a part-time waitering job on weekends to help supplement my income. I need to save up money to buy a house and my current income level just isn't going to cut it. :hs:

6. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

:wavey: Howdy!!

7. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

you need a second job, i still gotta find a first job. any suggestions for what to say during a phone interview?

8. SantorinA4

SantorinA4 New Member

Yep, we sure did.

My SO and I might have to do that if we keep spending the way we do.

Oh, and this avatar is much better. :)

9. NOVAJock

;)

10. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Come out here and we can split the payment. I am in the same situation, I can afford one, but I'd need roomies otherwise I wouldnt have any money saved at the end of the month.:wtc:

Im close enough to getting one, that the one I had bid on was apparently being looked at by others who had a few day headstart on me. They got it before me.

[​IMG] :sadwavey:

You can probably figure out how long it was on the market.

11. NOVAJock

It's kind of like that out here as well. Houses/townhouses are on the market for only a day or two before they get swept up and sometimes, people end up in a bidding war.

Right now, I'm dishing out a ton of money in rent, and I'm trying to pay my bills down at the same time. I'm having a hell of a time saving up money for a downypayment which is why I'm trying to land a part time waitering job in order to supplement my income.

Unfortunately, this is a bad time of year to try and get a waitering job and it seems like most restaurants are only interested in hiring you if you have experience.

For now, I'm thinking of getting a roommate. There's actually someone here on OT that is thinking of the possibility of rooming with me, but it's depended on whether or not he gets the job that he's applied for. Hopefully things will work.

12. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

The one I was looking at had been on the market since Jan. It kinda pisses me off that they only had that few day headstart on me. :madfawk:

If you want a cost of living idea. The house is less then an hour from Salt Lake City, acceptable neighborhood close to the University :naughty:, 1700 sqft, 8000 sqft lot, hardwood on the upper floor, new roof, mature yard with sprinklers.

Sale price = $66,000

13. NOVAJock

Wow. Something like that would probably go for around $300,000 depending on location around here.

My problem is that I want a garage, and anything with a garage around here is at least $285,000

14. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Im sure the population in your area takes in a considerably better salary too.

15. NOVAJock

Yeah they do. I call this "The Land of the Pretty People.":rolleyes:

Everyone is pimpin in their new Mercedes and Land Rovers. It makes me want to barf sometimes.