TAT Good tattoo shop in NE Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cerridwen, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

My husband, who absolutely hates tattoos, has decided to get his first. He recently decided he wanted a full sleeve (as his first tattoo!! :eek3: ). I want to make sure he goes to a GOOD shop for this. Any suggestions? I would be willing to drive him pretty much anywhere in Wisconsin and possibly Chicago.
    Thanks!

2. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

if you are willing to drive a little further...I recommend the place where I go to in Elgin, IL. Top Notch Tattoos http://www.topnotchtattoos.com/

My artist is Jeff but that place honestly has a lot of good talent and one of the cleanest I have been too. And I am probably the pickest person you will ever meet when it comes to getting something done because, I believe, if I am putting the money out, I better get the best of the best. And Top Notch is averagely priced, which is nice.

if you want..I can post up the tattoo that he did. Almost everyone I know love it because the detail he put is just amazing, especially since it is black and white

3. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

where in ne wisconsin are you? i can recommend a good friend and great portrait artist in kaukauna. let me know and i can get you some pics of his work and a name and number

4. jtl090179

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'm about 15 minutes away from Kaukauna. I'll check out his myspace page, thanks! :bigthumb:

6. jtl090179

if you decide to use him, tell him that johnson recommended you and hell get you a great deal

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Great. :bigthumb: He's still in the beginning stages of deciding exactly what he wants. He wants a totem pole as a full sleeve (he's almost full blooded Native), but is having a hard time finding pictures of the backs of totem poles. It should happen within the next couple of months though.

Any idea how many sessions and what I should be looking at for cost for this?

8. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Sessions and cost depends on your husband and the artist. A lot of things come to play... like how is he going to react (nausia or the pain getting to him, etc) or how the artist feels because you do not want to wear them out. And many other things

And the cost depends ont he color(s) used and the detail that is used. My guess for a full arm is probably north of like 800? :dunno:

9. jtl090179

youd have to go in and see him, his name is john gilbert. but ive seen him tattoo for 13 hours straight before. (guy going to the army the next day and wanted his whole back done). and he is definitely very reasonable price wise. and he has tons of pictures, flash, magazines, and drawings that he has compiled over the years. and i believe he has done more than his fare share of totem poles too.

10. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

hey! i just stumbled on this thread, and saw your post, how good of a deal do you suppose i might get? im in wisconsin, and dont know any good tattoo artists. do you know how much your guy charges per hour? how about with the johnson discount? :x:

11. jtl090179

before he opened up this shop, i worked with him for 3 or 4 years. hes a good friend. and the other day i was told that he might be moving to michigan to work their, so if youre interested you should stop in and talk to him. hes very friendly and an all around good guy. as far as quotes go, hes very very reasonable, i wouldnt want to give you a quote that i couldnt keep the word on. what do you have in mind?

12. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

i was thinking about getting some chinese symbols down the back of my arm. probably 3 or 4 symbols. do you think i could just message him on myspace?

13. jtl090179

i dont see it as being a problem