GUN Good scope rings for a CZ-452?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BLH, Oct 21, 2009.

1. BLH

BLH Member

I'm looking for some good scope rings for my CZ-452 in .17hmr. A friend gave me a Bushnell 4-12x40 Sportsman series scope for free I'm looking to stick on it. I've never really dabbled in scoped rifles so looking for whats good. The gun doesn't have the easiest life, more of a throw in the vehicle in case I want to put a hole in something closer than ~250yrds. Looking to use the existing dovetails on the receiver, and didn't know if there was anything that was the hot shit, or something to stay away from.

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Baller is the RimfireTechnologies rail which converts it to a picatinny setup. Even more baller (or slightly less baller if you run the rings alone) are the Burris signature rings with the live eccentric inserts that allow you to adjust for receiver/mount maladies, as well as provide even more ele.

Other than that, whatever works. BKL I think are the "standards" but are kinda pricey. If I'm not mistaken, that's a 3/8" rail (need to double check that over at RFC), so most common rimfire/airgun dovetail rings will work.

3. BLH

BLH Member

I've only heard good things about the Burris signature rings, I've got some friends that get basically all the new Burris optics sent out to them to test, and that is all they use on their guns. Going to have to look into that Rimfire Tech. rail though just for shits and giggles.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

The R/T rail is cool. Gives you more options being it's a picatinny.

Honestly though... I have one and wouldn't have bought if I was doing things over. The Burris rings are the shit, and allow you to fix all kinds of things. Being as they make them to fit a 3/8" rail, I would just consider buying them alone.

There was a set up for sale a bit ago on RFC.....

5. BLH

BLH Member

Damn you Phrozen for having me look at that site.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

If I really wanted to break you....I'd tell you how fabulous my McMillan handle that my 452 sits in. If you were closer, I'd let you take it out and swoon over it in the firsthand. It's THAT good.

[​IMG]

Oh... and do yourself a favor - toss a $20 to YoDave and get his trigger kit. Then enjoy a ~5-6oz trigger like I currently am.

7. BLH

BLH Member

Hmmm, I don't have the heavy barrel like you do (I kick myself for not buying it), if you let me play with that I would even bring my own ammo and gift you some good stuff for your troubles. Definitely have to look up the trigger kit though, I do love a good trigger.

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

That's not a heavy tube. It's just a 452 American sporter.

I thought I'd be pissed about not having the heavy barrel, but now I'm not. No need. That rifle as it sits balances PERFECTLY, and still is relatively light. I haven't had it on a scale, but I'm guessing in the low 7# range. Contour != accuracy, and that gun will shoot.

9. BLH

BLH Member

I've got a Lightweight contour on mine I believe, think its the 452-Lux model.

10. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Whaaaaaaa?!

You fucked up. Ditch the dreams of running glass, especially the one that your friend gave you. The comb on those rifles is setup for irons, and you will be lucky to have a chin-weld at best.

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Bummer I still don't have this I could give you:

[​IMG]

12. BLH

BLH Member

Eh well fuck. Its all good though, if I can see it with the rifle its dead, not a problem.

13. BLH

BLH Member

Gawd damn, that is a very interesting, yet quite sweet stock right there.

14. BLH

BLH Member

But son of a bitch, this means I'm going to buy the woman a rifle and set it up to run glass. Guess I know what her Christmas present is going to be...

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Seriously, you are going to be approaching goatfuck territory trying to run a bigger bell on there.

My suggestion:

- Find a takeoff or
    - Trip that Bushnell for a somethin-something x 36 scope
    - Run the lowest mashup you possibly can (forget that R/T rail) (see also above one)
    - Buy an Eagle stock pack and hack it with some foam to give you more cheek ele.

16. BLH

BLH Member

It wouldn't be a problem to run the scope lower if the rear sight mount didn't exist, but taking it off isn't going to happen. Might custom fab the stock into an adjustable height cheek piece, wouldn't be to terrible hard to do and make it look good, could bastardize something on there to give more cheek elevation, or could just buy a whole new rifle and just say its for the woman.

17. Alamo_Jake

Alamo_Jake Sorry I'm not sorry.

Sweet looking stock, where do you find something like that?

18. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Came on the rifle from the factory.

19. BLH

BLH Member

On the topic of rimfire rifles. Anyone remember where the link to a .22lr rifle made by Toz that is sold under a different name? I think I saw a topic on it a month or so ago and I can't seem to find it. It is a somewhat ugly looking rifle, but it should shoot like hell.

20. Keesh

Keesh New Member

They are Russian, I think the bolt action model is 'TOZ-78.' They are suppose to be great shooters, but that's just what I've read.

21. BLH

BLH Member

Thanks! Thats what I was looking for, the Winchester Wildcat is a rebadged Toz 78.