GUN Good samaritan charged after thwarting burglery

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Sep 22, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=27953&cat=HOME

Good Samaritan charged after helping thwart burglary
    Tony Romero
    Last Update: 09/22/2006 10:39:05 AM
    By: Reed Upton
    Video

A man whose driver’s license had been revoked for DWI faced charges Thursday in Rio Rancho after thwarting a burglary and possibly helping to expose a burglary ring.

Handyman Tony Romero and his customer were pulling into her driveway when they spotted three teens fleeing her property.

While the woman jumped out of the car and after the teens, Romero slid into the driver’s seat and pursued them until the car Romero was driving and the teens’ car crashed at the intersection of Nickel and Rockaway. That’s where the teens were arrested – and Romero was charged with driving on a revoked license.

“In the heat of the moment, when I saw these guys getting away, I chased them in the car,” said Romero, adding that he would do it all over again.

Officials ay the teens had apparently used a doggy door to get access to the home and had removed thousands of dollars of valuables.

Police say the teens, and two others the three have named, also stole items from a second home. Officials are investigating to determine whether the gang is connected to any more burglaries in the area.

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Girls jumps out but guy stays in the car?:greddy:

3. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

Well, it was revoked for a good reason. Fucker shouldn't be driving.

4. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:werd: First the asshole drives drunk, then lets a woman chase down three burlars while he decides to stay in the car he's not allowed to drive? Then crashes it?! Fuck that scum.

5. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Bad decision made in the heat of the moment. Respectable intentions, bad way of going about them.

6. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

So were the teens in a car when the woman chased them? If so, I can see why the guy stayed in the car to chase instead of jumping out.

Eh, while I HATE drunk drivers, I probably would have done the same. :dunno: