Good read on bodybuilding nutrition....

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by timberwolf, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

2. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

reading is hard :wtc:

3. benny196

benny196 New Member

That is sooooo long...

4. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

ill have to read it in shifts... too much information to digest at one time. but thanks for the link

5. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Well.... I originally read the excerpts in Planet Muscle. I like reading Aragorn's stuff.

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

7. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

8. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Aragorn is good but I prefer Gandalfs Diet. :mamoru:

9. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

oh snap

10. jessb20hatch

jessb20hatch Let's bang like Myosin & Actin

sorry I'm to intoxicated to digest that right now...I'll look at it tomorrow

11. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

cliffs?

12. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

14. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

will brink has judged me a few times, he lives near me too. Hes never dieted or picked up a weight in his life :rofl: Layne looks like a concentration camp prisoner when dieted lol plus hes an ego maniac natty and you cant use his ideas in real world bb'ing. Hes a good kid though. This is an awesome read, thanks

But believe it or not Will is one of the few i actually listen to, hes very smart and has worked with some top bb'ers and had awesome results. He does not try to get guru in person either, he gets his info across very well. And hes one of the only judges that knows wtf to look for since he isnt judging with his dick

But using pics of a roided to the MAXXXXXXXXXX person during this convo is fucking idiotic, you could feed him dirt and chocolate and get results.

"W. Brink: I actually think things in this area have improved greatly. The advent of the internet has probably helped a great deal there. It seems that almost everyone at this point understands and appreciates the basics, which is that you need adequate protein, fat, and carbs to gain lean body mass. For example, the ultra high carbohydrate low fat diets that were popular back in the day have all but disappeared. Most people know they need some fat in their diet, know they need some essential fatty acids (EFA), and know the basics between low glycemic index (GI) and high GI carbs, and so on. That’s not to say there isn’t confusion and questions about all of the above, but as a general rule, I think most people have at least a basic understanding more then they did say ten years ago. The area of real ignorance that seems to persist no matter how hard people like me attempt to counter it is in the area of supplementation. Supplements seem an endless source of confusion and scams." Exactly

"L. Norton: For starters, don’t eat carbohydrates after “X” o’clock. People believe that since they are closer to sleeping, they should curtail carbohydrate intake. This is simply ludicrous. Carbohydrates at night don’t make you fat. Too many total calories make you fat. Additionally, if you train at night, you NEED those carbohydrates to properly recover" idiotic...there is plenty to counter him, laynes sub par genetically and gets lean while looking like a runner, hes out of his league here, of course he can eat carbs hes 140

Brink: For men, approximately 12–14 percent is as high as I would let him go. For women, I would go around 16–18 percent. Both are not written in stone, however. People carry their weight differently. I recall Lee Haney saying his rule of thumb was as long as he could see a hint of his abs, he was OK for an off-season fat percent. But if he couldn’t see his abs, it was time to drop some fat. I do think for people to really optimize increases in low body mass and or strength, it’s counterproductive to attempt to stay in single digit body fat levels year round. 10 is as low as i would say but wills the man

"A. Aragon: Bodybuilders in general are psychologically traumatized individuals. But this is true with most great athletes, regardless of sport. On a subconscious level, they’re trying to overcompensate in order to rectify some sort of trauma or perceived inadequacy. So, they face the primary demon of giving a damn about what everybody else thinks and try to compete with everyone but themselves. They let their environment dictate their standards when they should be setting and competing with their own standards. Improving yourself from one day, week, month, or year to the next is really what it’s all about." :bowdown:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.