Good read for the men

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Toda Party, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

2. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

Kind of scared me there for a second. I read "Menaissance" and thought that I'd lose my sex drive and not be able to father children after I turn 50.

With the exception of being more assertive and not always "nice", a lot of it didn't apply. I haven't had a woman withold sex. If we aren't having it, it usually means there's something wrong between us, not that she wants something. I don't mind paying. I've noticed for a long time that men express themselves through action (due to our relatively less developed verbal abilities), and for me that includes paying. Anyway, I like treating a woman if I can. And it's never been arranged that I always pay.

I hear men (or at least the "real men" on talk radio) complain about the feminization of our culture. Women had little power in our culture, stood up in the 70's, things really swung in their direction for a while, and the pendulum just now needs to find another balance. I honestly think that as both men and women adjust to new gender roles, things will get better for men. If it's any indication, there is more research going now about boys and men (sorry, I'm a psychology wonk and I know that a lot research on women occurred or began around the time of the sexual revolution, so I figure that with more research and focus on boys/men that indicates an adjustment in focus). Anyway, I like the fact that women are up front and comfortable in sexual roles and asserting what they want (which I attribute in part to the sexual revolution). So I can see a benefit in guys taking a back seat to women in our society for a little bit and am not worried about "men bashing".

3. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

good read

4. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Basically there are three things any man really seeks for self worthiness in life.

Wealth
    Power
    Relationships

While you may say there are others they will "subcatagorize" into one of those I guarentee.

Wealth: It's obvious men are after money a decent amount, we work nearly all the hard labor jobs and in general just work a lot. Myself and decent amount of other males cannot stand not making money or working to pave your way in life. The more the merrier normally. Your paycheck / social standing based on income inpacts how you view your life and your self worth.

Power: Power is a demolishing issue, many men are not after it as much it seems. But there is always that drive to be commanding someone below you.. or being your boss. Until you are the boss in which case you might just say ah fuck it I hate this. Either way being in a powerful position at work, home or what not definatly adds to your life and self worth and it's part of being a man. We are the "Alpha" and are expected to be in control and hence it affects accordingly.

Relationships: Back around 1900 and earlier men had complete control of relationships still, if you had the other two catagories you could take any woman you want, even without huge social standing we chose our wives and they did not question because they needed us to live. It might've been tough at the beginning but in the end you learned to love eachother. It was necessary to human race to do so.

As women rights evolved they became more independent and after they could hold jobs and sustain themselves and a family if needed there came in "The Power Of Pussy". Women use this to control every aspect of a relationship now. While the guys are expected to do all the planning and controlling of asking, the women ultimately nearly always has the final say. There is no easy way to get out of this. It's now a point in day where unlike before we men have to do something to make women like us. We cant just walk up and say you will come live with me and you will learn to love me. We need to enhance our social skills and ability to be an Alpha male that women still die to be with.