Good program for the Lazy/Busy?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Snarlynx, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

I've been doing research but I can't come up with a good plan for what to buy for people like me that are super busy and even if I wasn't, am too lazy to put more than 3 hours at any given time. So hopefully I can lay out what I want and you guys and tell me what I need.

I got a new G35 coupe and want to keep it looking as good as I can... within these parameters.

I know that I will need to clay it because it never has been before I'm sure and it has some swirling. I don't want to polish it or have someone do it for that matter. Whatever the clay and a good wax or sealant can do for me will be good enough for me. But after that first all day project, I don't want to full on wax it more than once a semester... like once every 4-6 months. So whatever the longest lasting good quality wax would be great.

I go to the touch-less car wash. I'm sure that's not the best thing for my car but I'm to lazy to wash by hand. What's a good quick detailer for putting on every 5-7 days after I take it to the wash?

So to sum up, if you were me, what brand of:

1) clay, knowing I'd only use it one a year, it that?

2) longest lasting sealant because it'll only be applied once every 4-6 months?

3) tire cleaner and dressing, knowing i'll put it on once every 6-7 days after the auto touch-less wash?

4) Number of MF towels I'll need if my car will be mostly dry because of the auto wash?

5) best "quick detailer" knowing it will go on after the auto wash once a week roughly?

6) best leather cleaner/conditioner because a whole program of doing one then the other is something I'm too lazy for.

7) best "other interior" cleaner

8) easier glass cleaner than windex, if it exists.

Now cost or even value isn't a concern as I live with my parents and have a good job, the only concern is ease of use and "durability" because I'm not dedicated like you pros. I just want it looking as good as possible for the little over an hour a week I spend cleaning it.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

1. doesn't matter, Auto Magic makes it all anyway.
    2. Optimum Poli-Seal. Might as well do a little correction if you're going to seal it any way. Or Klasse AIO.
    3. Armor All Tire Foam, piece of cake.
    4. a 10 pack of towels from Advance Auto Parts or 8 pk orange Vroom @ Target.
    5. I'd say use Optimum Car Wax (spray) every 2 weeks if you are going to do a touchless wash.
    6. Lexol if you want to clean/protect in steps. Meg's Gold Class if not.
    7. Woolite/water mixture. you can find the ratio in the stickies.
    8. Stoner's Invisible Glass. I use the aresol. foams on and comes off easy.

Hope that helps! Now, go read the stickies and learn how to do this!

3. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

I read the stickies.... But everything was, 3 hours this,12 hours to cure that.

I'm to lazy for all of that lol. Maybe when the 335i's start hitting the used car market for a decent price in a year and a half...

Unless you meant read it to figure out how to actually clay and wax in which case I have and will 4 or 5 more times as I'm pretty scared.

Thanks a million. :)

4. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

Have you tried the how to wash and wax your car in an hour thread?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No shit, that was written specifically for those with little time for car care.

6. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

Of course I did. Didn't you read the part where I said I take it to the car wash? I dont want to wash may car by hand, even if it's fast. Too lazy. Did pick up some tips for easy waxing though.

Thanks.

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:bigthumb:

8. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

I ordered it all on top of the line.com (went with the poli-seal) today as per scottwax and others suggestion except for the tire foam and woolite which were both at Target. and I also got some "invisible glass" at target because I didn't want to order from somewhere else for one thing.

Thanks again Jrock, will post pics next Sunday to show you how it turned out. :eek3:

9. Sirius

Sirius OT Supporter

Cliffs: You want a detailed looking car without actually detailing it.

oh ok

:ugh2:

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

glad to help! i think you'll be pleased with the results. all of the products recommended here are fairly easy to use and almost failproof. i hope you enjoy doing your car and can't wait to see the results!

11. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

Well, not perfect but as close as I can get for my laziness. :bigthumb:

12. Scottwax

If you let someone else wash your car, they will undo everything you've done.

13. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

The touchless wash will undo the $120 of shit I just bought? :eek4:

14. Scottwax

The touchless car washes use some pretty strong detergents to get it clean so that will reduce the life of your wax. I'd wax every 2 months if you use a touchless car wash. Tunnel washes where they use roller brushes, hanging fabric, etc and employees who dry them with less than quality towels will swirl up your paint. Also, don't ever let the dealer wash it. Ever. Unless you like swirls, marring and an overall shitty job.

15. Snarlynx

Snarlynx A towns finest

Thanks, I'll use the optimum car wax spray every two weeks like Jrock said then for SURE now. if it only takes 15-20 minutes like the ad said, I should be in good shape.

BTW, I'm totally obsessed with your guy's before/afters. I couldn't beleive that this many people were so into keeping a car clean... and then I spent about 2 hours reading every thread and every response for 4 or 5 pages back (got to love desk jobs) Almost makes me want to spend all day every three months detailing it like it seems like a lot of people here do. We'll see how it comes out when I get it and see if I'm a full on addict. :bigthumb:

16. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

if you want even more info, you can register at autopia.org and check it out. strictly a detail forum.