GUN Good price for a CZ75B?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PanzerAce, Aug 29, 2008.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

So a local shop can get it for me about 600OTD. Is this a decent price, or is there some super secret source for CZ pistols? (I'm not getting one soon, but it'll probably be my first handgun).

2. johnson

johnson New Member

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

goddamn.

4. Mideel25

Mideel25 OT Supporter

My buddy at work got one as his first gun; I believe he bought his locally in the $450 range IIRC. So yeah, like others are saying, they are trying commit rape.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

So where has it for a good price? Bud's doesn't have just the 'B' version, they only have the SA model for CA sale :(

6. Mideel25

Mideel25 OT Supporter

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=108638116

This guy is local for me. He has a ton of stuff...lots of CZ. I just noticed how many finishes there are. Which one were you looking at? The link I posted is what my buddy bought (nickel plated whatever). The stainless looks like it would be more toward the $600 mark if you were to buy it new.

7. johnson

johnson New Member

I gave you two links.

8. Werm

Werm Guest

$600? :rofl: :rofl:

No that is certainly not a "good deal" or even a "decent deal". That is robbery, plain and simple.

9. johnson

johnson New Member

Denny's Guns quoted me $600.

10. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:o

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You're high if you are paying that much for a stock CZ.

Personally, I'd call you an idiot if you bought one new in a store... unless you had some special circumstances prohibiting you from taking advantage of an ample used market.

CZ's show up used fairly often, and many of them have already been worked over. They also depreciate quite a bit from new, and if you had $600 you should have little to no problem snapping up a primo example in a semi-custom state.

Here's one in CA (don't remember where you are from). It's a pre-B model, which means you will have to use the somewhat harder to find 15rd mags, or have it opened up to take modern 16rd'ers. I tried snatching it up, but the guy is holding out for a CA buyer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=112593

I know of a couple others for sale, but I'm not going to put them here as I am interested in grabbing at least one of them. If you are serious about wanting a gun, like now, PM me sometime with how much you want to spend and I might be able to help you out.

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

typical retail price on a cz 75 is 450 for the polycoat. The stainless 75's I imagine are more. Personally I would spend $100 more for a stainless if given the option.

If I could get a pre B I would do that over a B model. Typically for a cz trigger job they junk that firing pin block crap anyway. When I got my trigger done and had the slide cut for bomars there is a window where the firing pin block used to be. You can't see it when the sights are on, but the gun would be cleaner if this was done on a pre B.

Personally I think the Pre B guns are tighter too. Might just be the dozen examples I've got a chance to play with.

13. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You're thinking of the very early pre-b's. While those guns had short frame rails, they weren't commonly imported over here and are rather rare. You would be having a very lucky day if you found one outside of some collection for sale under $800+.

The pre-B's you usually see don't suffer from this. The biggest bitch I have with them is that they don't take newer magazines without some cutting, and the sights suck (both of which are a fairly easy fix). I wouldn't hesitate to snap one up, though I'd send it directly to a CZ smith to fix all the above and do the requisite trigger job.

I wanted that one from CalGuns, as I was gonna have some Novak's installed, and do the above mentioned magwell mod and keep it around as a nightstand gun.