A&P Good place for large digital prints? (I ask lots of questions here don't i?)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wolf Demon, May 28, 2008.

1. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

I want to get a nice size high quality print of this picture to send to my friend:

http://wolfdemon69.deviantart.com/art/Sidewalk-Stream-86850052

I'm just wondering there's anything better than just buying the print off of Deviantart itself? Locally, the best we have is a Kinkos and they will only go up to 24 inches wide, but I want it at least 36 inches wide

2. Snowballer

Snowballer - Blissfully Insane -

3. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

They are pretty badass. The only thing is they have a minimum of the number of prints you can order to get the really good prices (I think a minimum order of 3).

I think I'm going to use them to do the printing for my photo printing website (that I need to get started on again :o )

4. Wolf Demon

:bigthumb: I'm saving a tab with the other topic you posted about your www.indeprinted.com for when you do start it up

5. Wolf Demon

Okay so, I'm having a hard time figuring out what size I could actually get this in:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/master_wolf/Photos/sidewalkstream2fix.jpg

This is the full resolution. I know there are some slight stitching problems but it's still a nice picture and I like it. DA says i can get a 36 inch wide print...in photoshop, it says the image is about 22inches wide. When I enlarge it on my 20.1 inch monitor that is 1600 by 1200 resolution, It measures out to be about 40 inches wide.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

mpix
    whcc
    costco
    el co labs
    pixel2canvas
    millers lab

7. mojito

mojito New Member

it all depends on the dpi, it could be 50000 inches wide at a super low dpi. In general you want between 240-300 dpi for a print, but it depends on the viewing distance. You can make a billboard image from a 3mp cell phone cam as the viewing distance is huge.

8. Wolf Demon

Well when i bring it up to 300 DPI it comes out to be about 14 inches wide... I want at least double that...

9. mojito

mojito New Member

gotta either lower the dpi and/or enlarge the image. I'd download onOne's Genuine Fractals. If you use PS, enlarge it in very small % multiple times. If you tell it to double it ends up looking like shit

10. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

I'm sorry but you want to get that printed :rofl:?