Good place for HU install?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gildo23, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Gildo23

Gildo23 New Member

Hey guys,
    Long story short...circuit city and best buy don't know how to install a new hu to my stock system without bypassing my stock amp and sub. Nissan's rockford fosgate option is set up kinda weird, but I know it's possible to keep the amp and sub wired to a new hu with like a line level converter.

Question: Any general tips on where else I could go for an install? I have no desire to attempt this myself :). My brain would explode. My ride won't be pimpings withouts the Sirius in the head unit!

2. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Bypass chain stores, and head to your local car audio shop. They might charge you a bit more ($35 is what the local shop charges), but they would be worth it to not give CC or BB any money.

3. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i've done a few RF integrations.. not too hard but i work at bby, so that would automatically rule me out :dunno:

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

yeah take it to the "audio experts" they usually have enough knowledge to do proper installs and ensure you of no mess ups as well.

5. Gildo23

Gildo23 New Member

Cool thanks guys I'll hit up the yellow pages. :bigthumb:

Sorry no offense meant, it's just I called one store, and they said "Uh, I just started work but I think so. Nobody else is here today."

The second store said, "Basically you need to go buy new speakers and we have to rewire everything."

The third didn't have time to chat with me.

Circuit City said the thing about leaving out my stock amp and sub.

So yeah, I know this stuff depends on the branch you go to, and the branches around here are just lame.

6. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

no prob bob, good luck it isn't very hard. check out some nissan car websites, you should be able to find it online. you can print it out and have someone do it for you.

7. AirWaveGT

AirWaveGT Do tiny black horses eat ice cream while dancing

im not exactly sure how the nissan rockford system is set up but i dont think a line ouput converter would work w/ your stock amp since it wouldnts have rca inputs. i work at cc and im sure i could figure something out if i saw the car. no one has brought one in to my shop since ive been there though :dunno: