MIL Good news for People stationed in England/europe

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by evan2, Jun 12, 2006.

1. evan2

evan2 Guest

I am not sure if other countries overseas play road tax, I dont think you guys play TV tax though im not sure
    but here is an email I just got, please note its directed at my base hence the building 2 info and shit

Please read—very important information about our COLA and claiming reimbursement for Road and TV tax. Reminder: This policy comes in effect on 1 July 2006.

Members stationed in the United Kingdom have the privilege of experiencing new and exciting things while assigned Overseas. Along with the new things to experience come expenses we wouldn’t expect to pay. Two of these expenses that often have member’s jaws dropping are Road Tax and TV Tax. Because we are required to pay these, we receive extra money to help offset the extra cost. It is called COLA Unique and is currently a part of our COLA entitlement. COLA Unique is an extra monetary allowance added into our COLA entitlement. Most active duty members don’t really even know they are receiving this because it is not listed as a separate entitlement on our LES. I guess you could say it is one of our “hidden” entitlements. The purpose of COLA Unique is to provide service members the extra cash needed to pay for our Road Tax discs and TV Tax Licenses. As we all know COLA is adjusted according to the exchange rate. Because of this COLA unique is adjusted as well. For this reason, we can say COLA Unique provides service member’s an average amount of $43 per month for an average annual entitlement equally approximately $520.

As of 1 July 2006, all of this changes. Members will no longer receive COLA Unique as a part of COLA. Instead they will receive an Actual reimbursement into their paycheck when they pay their taxes. To receive this reimbursement, members will need to bring their receipts into Finance Customer Service (bldg 2) and the amount paid will be put into their next available paycheck.

The current prices for these taxes are:

Road tax disc: £175--this is the standard rate. Road tax amounts may vary based on the vehicle. Visit http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/taxation.htm for different rates.

TV Tax license: £120

Members can claim reimbursement for any tax paid after 30 June 2006. However, Active Duty military may only claim one Road tax and TV tax per calendar year. How often and when you pay your taxes may result in waiting to claim reimbursement? For example:

Members who choose to pay road tax every six months will only be reimbursed what was paid during the year and may only make one claim.

Ex: If you pay road tax Feb 07 and Sep 07, you need to wait and claim reimbursement for both in Sep.

Members who pay TV Tax monthly may only claim it once per year.

Ex: Claim reimbursement in Dec 07 for your Jan-Dec payments.

Note: An actual ‘dated’ receipt will be required for reimbursement (this is important as we will use the exchange rate on the date of the receipt to reimburse you).

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

play what?

3. evan2

evan2 Guest

yea yea yea... pay play its all the same

4. Jyokker

road tax by milton bradley

5. KnightRider1114

KnightRider1114 New Member

How can they tax you if you're not a loyal subject of the UK....isn't that all what started the revolution?

6. Jyokker

No taxation without representation!

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

putting a little note in your window saying "road tax in the mail" FTW. :bigthumb:

paying the fucking retarded taxes in England for the motherfucking lose. :ugh:

8. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:werd:

I thought Hitler lost the war.:ugh2:

9. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Sounds like they are just playing on the odds many will not bother to try and get the money back.

10. evan2

evan2 Guest

Well my first year of road tax was free, the military pays for your first year anyways
    stupid tv tax sucks, it goes to the bbc