Good Mix Of Products

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TrevorK, Apr 9, 2003.

1. TrevorK

TrevorK New Member

I get a discount on the meguirs line, so I was thinking of going with this (No clear coat on my cars).

Meguirs Swirl Remover (Pro line, tan bottle)
    * This states a polish/swirl remover in one. Should I use this or something like the Body Shop Pro Swirl Free Polish (Looks a lot cheaper)
    Meguirs. Also, what about Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish? That seems like it would prep the paint, and provide a polish.
    Meguirs Hi Tech Yellow Wax
    * I think this would be the best from that line?

All applied with MicroFiber towels?

Any comments/suggestions please let me know!

EDIT: Right now I'm leaning towards:
    Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish or Body Shop Pro Swirl Free Polish
    And Hi Tech Yellow

But I'm open to any/all suggestions

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Check the stickies. ALL the products you just mentioned are reviewed and advice is given on them up there.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You always want to start with the most aggressive product. Meguiars has a scale on the label that shows it's abrasive properties.

4. bmf

bmf Guest

The Swirl Free Polish and the #9 SMR are *exactly* the same product as per Meguiar's. Unless you really need 32 ounces of polish I suggest going with the #9.

The Dual Action Polish is more aggressive than the above two. Its good for paint that is oxidized.

Both the #9 and the Dual Action would take care of 90% of any polishing needs you may have.

If you're going to buy the #26, get the paste version unless you are applying it with a buffer, then you need the liquid.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, get the liquid. Believe me, much easier to apply and take off, regardless of whether or not you'll be using a DA.

6. FNG

FNG Guest

Least aggressive?

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No, what I meant was to use the products in order of most aggressive to least aggressive. Definitely always use the lowest abrasive product possible, but whichever is the strongest, goes first. Sorry about the confusion.

8. bmf

bmf Guest

Have you actually used the #26 paste wax? Ever tried the paste and the liquid side by side and did a test to see which one was easier to apply/remove and which one lasted longer?

I've never known a liquid wax to be easier to apply/remove by hand compared to a paste. Liquid waxes were made to be machine-applied, that's why they exist. Paste waxes are best applied by hand. Its been my experience that equivalent paste wax last longer and shine better to boot.