SRS Good looking people should be quite thankful.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phEight, Aug 6, 2005.

1. phEight

phEight ...

I've always wondered what it must be like to be a beautiful person physically. I've suffered from acne which has left spots of discolored skin that are very slowly fading (I give it a few years), and a smile which isn't exactly pretty. My teeth are larger than average and the front two are a bit chipped and unaligned. You may be saying.. gosh other ppl have it faar worse than you.. and thats true, and I truly feel for them.

However, it is hard that every single day I have to smile with hesitation. It saddens me, that as joyful and loving of a character I am, I cannot express it fully physically. I suffer from severe acne discoloration and scaring on my shoulders/upper arms... which will not go away for years and years to come. I haven't gone swimming in years, and can't even take my shirt off while other people are around.

I imagine this wouldn't be as bad for someone who was older, but as an 18 year old heading to college... this does nothing but sadden me. There have been nights where I have nearly drew tears wondering why I am the few unfortunate people who are limited in their ability to do what they want in society. Because of these issues.. I even have trouble interacting with women in fear of judgement, but I force myself to nonetheless.

Sometimes I just wish I can freely take my shirt off and hop in a pool, or throw out a big smile to every person I see without being self conscious. I don't know what else to say asides that I feel very sad right now, and wish that one morning I can wake up... look myself in the mirror and be satisfied.

I have never in my life told anyone of the problems and the ache I'm going through within me, so this still feels a little weird to me saying all this... but you guys are the priviledged ones to hear it first. :)

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If being unattractive is the worst of your problems, consider yourself extremely lucky. I'd give anything to be in your situation. I'm no pretty boy myself but that has never destroyed my confidence or self esteem except for the one or two seconds when I see myself in the mirror at a bad angle or something.

3. phEight

phEight ...

Surely isnt the worst of my problems...

My freinds don't judge me because of my acne, if they knew about it they wouldn't say anything demeaning or something that would put me down. The freinds I have are the freinds I've had for my entire life. There is nothing that can come in between us.

The problem doesn't lie in other people, it lies in myself. I show confidence and a high self esteem, but inside I am falling apart. My confidence is almost a disguise, as pathetic as might sound.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

How old are you? My acne went away around 21 or so. I also started using these Kleenex Splash n Go wipes every day and they have helped prevent breakouts. My entire back has scars from chicken pox, but I actually never even think about it.

5. Plasma

Plasma New Member

6. slims

slims New Member

my girlfriend has had a skin condition her entire life, and it will never go away. It renders her legs completely scarred, and to her is the most ugly thing ever. She never wears skirts, or shorts. She's been to dermatologists, she's tried everything. She will never be able to change it, because it's genetic.
    My hairline started receeding at 17, It's genetic too. My dads not bald, just really thin hair. Everyday people would be like hah your so going bald when your 17. That's when I'd say "at least I won't be a dumbass bitch" and walk off. Real friends are just that, friends. People who point out flaws only do so to reflect from their own.
    We all have faults, trust me yours are not that bad. I wear a hat, girlfriend doesn't wear skirts, you just need to get some CLINICAL acne cream. There's some creams that are AMAZING if perscribed by your doctor.

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Your teeth can be fixed for the most part for a price of course and the acne can be treated.

8. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

You're too self conscious. You think that if you took your shirt off, your friends will look down upon you? You think people will be disgusted by your smile or teeth? You should go to a public pool alone or go to a park with your dog (if you have one), take off your shirt and just relax. OBSERVE the people around you and look at their reactions. I bet you NO ONE WILL CARE. Walk in a mall and smile at random people walking by, I bet you NO ONE will look at you disgustingly. They will either smile back at you or hae a confused look on their face like "who is this guy?", but they will NOT have a look like "omg, look at this guy's teeth, it is horrible". This will show you that you're more concerned about your looks than anyone else around you.

9. Verdugo

Verdugo New Member

I used to get acne because I'm allergic to milk. I use a skin whitener to get rid of the imperfections, it's cheap but works.

10. Kerberos

Kerberos New Member

I know it's a cliche, but your personality is more important than your physical appearance. Plus, going to the gym can do a lot to improve your self-confidence as well as your appearance.

11. johan

johan Active Member

You know, a crooked or discolored or gap toothed smile can be fixed.

Find a good cosmetic dentist. The reality is that with veneers and caps, you can have a movie star quality smile. Seriously. Sure it will cost a bit of money, but the point is that you can have a smile that is so unbelievably dazzlingly perfect, it literally will blow you away when you see it. And a full set of caps isn't major surgery either.

12. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Acne: Try ProActive. It achieved results for me that far surpassed anything else I've tried which included multiple visits to the best dermatologist in town along with Retin-A use and repeated harsh cryo-treatments. I'm sure everyone's skin is different, but I can give you my personal testimony that ProActive works for me. Damn, they should pay me for this.....

Teeth: I still have bad teeth myself. But don't let yourself down by that man. It's something that can be fixed. Save up... get braces. I plan to do that one day.... it's not as big a deal anymore.

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Actually , not to bring in any discredit or something , have you seen that beautifull girl Debrah , that teacher girl who faces charges for having intercourse with a 14 year old boy, she is facing a jail sentence. So like no matter how pretty you are in life can be still suffer from face loss :hs: and discredit.

The lesson you have to learn is

Its nice to be beautifull, but its more beautifull to be nice. :wavey:

Therefore Have love in yourself and you will be more beautifull then you can ever imagine, plus try the acne tips. :)

14. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Truer words couldn't be spoken for this thread :)

15. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

Did you know that pretty boy Brad Pitt has a bad skin complexion? Make-up does wonders...

16. level99

level99 Guest

you don't have to be beautiful to have a great fun and fulfilling life.

if your only priority is to oogle at beautiful people and compare yourself with them then that is truly sad.

17. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

i'm no expert, but everything you're concerned about can be repaired with cosmetic surgery. have you looked into some of the various procedures available for hair and teeth?

18. Red-Level

Red-Level New Member

I know the EXACT feeling. Instead of changing in the locker room with the rest of the guys, I lock myself in a bathroom stall to change for weight lifting. I try to cover the scaring with a serious sun tan, doesn't always work though.

-Red

19. sun tan? that just makes your skin worse. proactive > *

20. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

looks are a societal influence through the media.

seriously... had TV been as wide spread in the 30s as it is now, we never would have had a disabled person as president here in the states.

No one would trust someone who's crippled... but he was an excellent president.

Point is, don't compare yourself to others or what soceity thinks. Looks are facetious and when you get older, they're less important.

21. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I figure that if someone is so shallow as to judge me by the way I look or dress, Im better off without them in the first place.

22. TotalEclipse02

TotalEclipse02 OT Supporter

hey get on accutane
    remember confidence > looks

23. phEight

phEight ...

Thanks for the replies... once again.. I want to reassure everyone I don't go about daily loathing and pitying myself. Just sometimes... on rare occasions.. it annoys me.

I was nearly ashmaed the next day after I read this thread... but at times I do feel that way. I live a great life and have alot of fun with my friends etc. I just needed to vent this somewhere... and this seemed like the place.

I also keep a journal... I wrote about this the same morning I posted this thread.... the next day I ripped the page out of the journal feeling pathetic that I actually wrote that. There's many more ppl who are much less fortunate than I for me to be pitying myself.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions and comments... it's just a lil tougher on me because I am in that age group where you're very self conscience about your look etc. and I am able to recognize that. I have that "i don't give a fuck what i look like" type attitude most of the time, but like i said.. inside it just sometimes hurts.

24. slims

slims New Member

That's life dude. No one has life without pain. You wouldn't want to. You can't experiance pleasure without pain. Ying-Yang, proverbs,done.

25. twisted_angel

twisted_angel New Member

Like someone else said, take of your shirt and smile and i bet you wont recieve any demeaning comments, anyone can suffer from lack of confidence and i don't think anyone is happy with what they have, i often get told im ok looking but all i see is a girl with huge cheeks and chin and freaky eyes. But i am at an age where i am past caring.
    If people have a problem with how i look then thats up to them it has no effect on me now whatoever.
    Focus on what you do like about yourself. x