GUN Good looking Glock?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MatrixZ28, Dec 8, 2002.

1. MatrixZ28

MatrixZ28 Guest

I've been looking around for a handgun for a while and I've heard Glock is one of the best. But for me looks is also as important as the quality. So can anyone post pics of they think is a good looking glock?

2. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

All the Glocks I've seen look the same. They're not usually considered real pretty. Look at all of them @ http://www.glock.com

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

get a real gun

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Get a permit. :fawk:

5. Platinum_Thunder

when I turn 21 :fawk:

6. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

:nono:

7. Platinum_Thunder

guns come in chrome ? :confused:

8. kellyclan

9. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Eh, I always had luck with Glock in my personal/civilian life, but as soon as I was issued one for duty, it quickly became the biggest piece of non-trusting shit I've ever had to carry on my hip. I have personally had nothing but mechanical/factory "defect" problems with mine. The Rangemaster just ordered me a new one to get rid of this piece of shit. Hopefully it will perform as it is supposed to, and I won't be so worried if I foget my backup...

10. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Sic Semper Tyrannis

I have had my G22 for six years and I have never had a problem.

11. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro Guest

Surely in something supposedly meant to protect your life accuracy and reliability would be the only thing to consider... or is it just going to be hung on a wall?

12. Platinum_Thunder

get a Kimber or a Wilson

13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

10mm and .40 s&w? could you pick two more odd calibers? actually, yeah, .357 sig. they offer that too. man, i'd like to have a glock, but when i get one, it'll be a 19, which is 9mm. much more availability of ammo, and you can use +P loads. 125gr. +P gold dots= good.

14. kellyclan

i actually want a G20 something bad. :o

.40 is an oddball caliber? :confused: You live in South Africa or something man? :p

15. footratfunkface

the thing about .40 is that you can't use +P in the glocks, and i don't know about other .40 pistols. maybe you can in those. but for glocks, .40 S&W against +P 9mm, the 9mm performs better than the .40. plus, .40 is only really widely available in the US. say, shit hits the fan, and ammo starts to disappear off of the shelves at your local stores. guess which goes first. there is so much less .40, and so few other weapons that use the ammo, that your chances of finding it in a bad situation are slim. whereas 9mm, it's used worldwide, and in both pistols and larger firearms.

.40's ballistics are only supperior if you compare it to plain old 9mm. i like the power of .45, but you have so fewer shots. the penetration and weight retention on certain +P 9mm is just as good as some .45. granted, you can use standard ball .45 and have it put someone down and out as well as a +P hollowpoint 9mm, but the 9mm, once again, gives you more chances.

16. footratfunkface

with stopping a person in mind, you need between 10 and 12 inches of penetration in order to guarantee hitting a vital organ. if you don't get that, then there's a great risk that you won't go deep enough to incapacitate a person. seeing as how most people don't just stand broad-side forward when in a shootout or other situation, you're going to be shooting into the deep side, not the shallow side of the person most of the time.

i don't claim to be an expert, and i have tons to learn. which is why i did state that i didn't know if .40 +P even existed. however, ballistics and the likes will probably always be debated, especially online. it's hard to get a definitive answer from any source, because all the sources seem to say different things, or change what they say, due to some new study. so, in conclusion, yeah, i'm not perfect, but i'm not an idiot.

17. kellyclan

Ballistically, a .40SW in 165gr (485ft/lbs, Remington) is superior to any .45ACP load, save the hottest of the 185gr +P choices(Proload). Compared to regular 230gr .45 loads, it puts around 25% more energy into its target. Most .357SIG loads come in closer to 560ft/lbs(Proload), which is more like 35-40% more energy.

While i hope both chances are slim, i find the chances i'll need to use the ammo to stop a single or pair of "common thugs" far outweighs the chance of an ammo shortage. i don't feel poorly armed carrying a .45, but usually when i choose, i take a .40.

Glad someone already pointed out that there's no such thing as .40 +P ;)

18. Megaman

Megaman Guest

I never understood why 10MM didn't take off like .40?
    Same size round, just faster.

Anybody know?

19. MonstarDSM

MonstarDSM Guest

i own a .40 cal Glock 22... bought it slightly used, came with nite sites and one high cap (law enforcement)magazine. It is my all time favorite handgun. Currently saving up to buy the internal laser sight from glockstore.com :cool:

20. Joser

Joser Active Member

i wanna get a handgun cause of cowboy bebop...damn

21. Shaydz

Shaydz Guest

I had a Glock 19 and now have a Glock 26 carry.
    Glock 19 was much more accurate.
    Great gun but the stock is very short on their carry models (26, 27). You need to get an extender for it to be comfortable.