SRS Good Jobs?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Apr 29, 2005.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I don't hate my job. Once I get there its not that bad but I can't take the type of shifts and work while in school. Working all day sat to 2am, then getting called in at 6am the next day to work to 3pm is not what I call great hours. I feel stupid for not liking a job others would love. The pay is great and the people are great but I cant take the hours and how much I feel like crap for the next three days.

So can anyone suggest a job that has flexiable hours and not physicaly demanding all day long?

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

During school I found a student hire job for the City. Very flexible hours.... and not a whole lot of stress at work either. Come on...the city? :)

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

What job?

4. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Well, check in the paper or ask around. I think it was officially a city run program where you could work up to 19 hours for a city office. I was in an office that issued out business licenses for places like restaurants and taxi cab drivers.

It was for the Dept of Finance, City and County of Honolulu. It's possible your city has a program like this at the City or State level.

Mostly did filing and database entry...a very easy job. It allowed me to concentrate on studies otherwise and because it was only up to 19 hours, I was able to fit it around my classes.

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

EliteLamer, so tell us about the job, what does it entail. You might be best off to stick this job out. If you like the people, like the work, then stay where you are.
    These are difficult hours to work, but prepare for the shifts the best you can.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well its kitchen work, bussing tables, loading vans, serving food for very large events. So its very fast paste and not much time to rest. Never have much of a chance to sit down really. Also I never know what I am going to be doing and its a very long drive to work.

I was thinking of switching to a job thats only 20 min away. Dishwashing for 7 bucks an hour. Much better hours, less work, a little less money but o well. I mean this job is as good paying as I could get but no room for me advance because I dont work enough and dont plan on.

7. Bleed

Bleed New Member

are you in college? have you looked into work study? you literally sit there and collect money. at least thats what my work study job was.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I cant do that until the end of summer, when my term starts. Also I think my program is called Work program. Its government at the VA.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When you goto work you should always have the feeling ' i have rested enough and im ready for it ' if you don't have that feeling it means you need to have more sleep or change your working schedule, maby a little less pay for a little bit more life is what you are searching for.