Good Jeans in OC

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hank85, Mar 6, 2009.

1. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

Hey guys, I'm in Orange County for the day, Irvine to be exact. I need some new jeans, can you guys recommend me some good spots? I'm headed to the Spectrum to check out the closet cause I have some friends that work there for the discount but other than that I'm completely lost.

6'2" 185lbs.

2. :eek5:

:eek5: i OT Supporter

irvine crew holla

what kinda jeans u lookin for? gap is starting to put some nicer stuff out. or if you wanna spend a little more, drive to apc and get a pair there.

3. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

nice stache

4. hank85

haha thanks

in all honesty i dont really, know. somethign that i'll be able to wear day to day and also be able to dress it up at night.

i didnt even think of gap, thanks. where is apc?

edit: not looking for something skinny/tight though. definitely fitted but my thighs have too much meat for the skinny jeans look

5. :eek5:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-p-c-west-hollywood

Go check out a pair of APC New Standards. Good pair of raw denim to start on. They're going to run you $155 + tax, I believe.

Take your normal pants size and size down TWO for a normal, straight fit. It's going to be a little tight at first but they will stretch 2 sizes.

6. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

or go with rescues if you have even remotely muscular legs

7. hank85

Are rescues a type of APC jeans?

I'll check these out for sure. Today I was just looking for some everyday jeans that i can just beat up. I looked through the APC online catalog and they've got some real good stuff, so I'm gonna make a trip up there next time I'm in the LA area and grab a pair.

I ended up getting a pair of Levi's Original 501 straight leg button fly and a pair of 527 low boot cut. Total was $139.- and I'm happy with the colors, good jeans for everyday wear and tear. Boot cut I'll be able to dress up easily.

Thanks for the tips and links guys.

8. steezebag

steezebag New Member

nice, levis are always a great choice :cool:

9. :eek5:

Yeah, APC carries 4 [generally] cuts of denim: New Cure, New Standards, Petit Standards, and Rescues. The last time I went they had started making regular Standards again, but I don't know if they still are.

NC is unisex, pretty much for girls or skinny dudes. NS is your standard straight leg. PS is like the NS but with more of a taper and a lower rise, another unisex cut. Rescues, as far as I can tell, are like NS but with more room in the butt/thigh.

Wear these everyday and beat em up :)