Good HEAVY swirl mark remover?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WiKiD, Jul 13, 2003.

1. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

Well i got my car back from the bodyshop yesterday and it has some fucking horrible swirl marks. Whats a good remover to use?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish from their Body Shop Professional line. Starts off aggressive, but the abrasives are buffered so they break down as you work the product into the paint. You will probably have to order on line or find a local Meguiars pro distributer in your area.

First thing though is to go back to the body shop and make them buff it correctly. They probably just used a wool pad and that was it. Make them use a swirl remover and a foam polishing pad and then a glaze with a foam finishing (or waffle) pad.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:werd: Bring that shit back. I never would have let it leave the lot.

4. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

Well, for some reason its on the hood and they only fixed the rear door and quarterpanel. I waxed the car myself the day after i got it just kind odd they waxed the whole car.

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Still, they're the one that waxed, there was no swirls before.

If you really just want to do it yourself, there's a bunch of threads in this forum with the exact information you're looking for.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I am pretty sure what happened is that they didn't tape off the front of the car properly, got overspray all over it and either don't know about overspray clay or they are just completely ignorant and used a buffer with a wool pad to remove the overspray.