GUN Good Gun Belt?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gimik, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm looking for a good dress gun belt. My regular belts are falling apart and seem to sag no matter how tight I get em. Anyone have any good recs?

I read about some belts with inserts to make them more stiff, but that sounds like it might be uncomfortable. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any like that.

Something that looks like a regular dress belt would be nice.

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I have an Aker belt that has an insert. It's got a long strip of polymer between the leather. It's great, provides tons of support for the gun, and the insert forms to your body after a bit of use.

3. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Another vote for the Aker, mines holding up great and the insert isn't uncomfortable at all. My next belt will be a RafterS sharkskin belt tho. MMmmm

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I've heard good things about The Beltman's belts, so I'm looking at getting one of those.

5. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

+1 For the Belt Man, I have one and love it!

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Aker! Best value I've come across. Got one brown, one black. Both cost less than most other single belts.

Copquest has great customer service. Remember, add four inches to pant size.

8. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I think threads about the Aker have been made on here before. Maybe this summer?

9. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I have a leather belt from TheBeltMan and a reinforced nylon belt from Wilderness Tactical.

I love them both.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i have the Aker as well, works well, looks good. $35 or so from Galls

11. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

heard good things about rafters as well

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Looks like the Akers have the best bang for the buck of what I was looking for. I'll give them a try. Thanks guys - you're the best as always :love:

13. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

i was just about to make a thread about this

i just got my ccw (was incredibly surprised on the turnaround time - i mailed it on the 25th of november (a saturday) and the permit and letter are dated the 29th of november...i got it in the mail on the 4th)

so i've only carried a couple of times, but i've noticed that i could defenitely use a new belt (or at least some pointers) - i use a standard tommy leather belt - its relatively thick leather and pretty strong - i have a milt sparks vm2 holster that i wear on my right side asscheeck area - in order for my belt to be comfortable, i wear it 1 notch looser than i would without the gun, but then whenever i start walking around anywhere, my pants in the area where the gun is start to sag and the weight of the gun feels like it is pulling my pants down to the point where i have to be constantly adjusting them or pulling them up - if i wear my belt in the normal notch (normal as in the way i wear it without the gun) but with the gun, it still sags a little bit when i'm walking around, but not nearly as bad...however, whenever i'm sitting down for any extended period of time, the belt is cutting into my waist and will start to feel painful

is this a problem with my belt? can someone explain why a gun belt will necessarily be a lot better as this belt is already fairly thick leather

14. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Mainly because double layer belts are much thicker and stronger than your existing belt. They are a lot stiffer, which distributes that sag you're feeling all over the belt. When I take my pants off with the Aker in them, the pants are help open on the ground. The better belts really are that stiff.

15. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

16. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

17. Zylo

Zylo big time. hard line. bad luck.

Blackhawk Tactical makes a carbon fiber belt, with or without a carbon fiber finish.

So sexy :drool:

18. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

My beltman.net belt came in today. exactly 17 days after i ordered it. this thing is amazing. definitely recommended :bigok:

19. I like my Galco belt.

20. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I got a horsehide belt for christmas, its flat out incredible IMO. It looks great, fits perfect after a few days and works like no other.

21. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I've had the aker for a few weeks now, and I love it. It's sturdy as hell and helps me from having to hitch my pants up every few mins when carrying on my belt. I can see this belt lasting for years.

Now I really need to order one in brown.