Good guitar for a mid range price?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by WS6Formula350, Oct 6, 2004.

1. WS6Formula350

WS6Formula350 molestache amririte?

Like in the $900 and less range. I'm looking for a second axe to play on that I can tune and detune without worrying about it so much... I've got a '72 Fender strat with a 24 fret neck and a Floyd Rose bridge so I can't whip it out of tune whenever I feel like it. My other guitar just isn't cutting it any more, it's one of those $200 Sammick specials that I started playing on :o Sam Ash has a Joe Satriani JS100 for about $750 on their website. It's only 22 frets... I don't know.

I know there's some guitar gods on OT, someone advise me :)

2. d00d00

d00d00 In cold blood

The Ibanez Artcore range are pretty awesome. Vintage look and fucking light, and some of them have a tuning peg that drops D with the flick of a switch. The only problem is the tone is kinda mellow, but throw a single coil on the neck pickup and you should be fine.

3. meathook-ernie

meathook-ernie New Member

i'd go witha good old gibson sg

4. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

Just based on how they sound, a Telecaster semi-hollow. Not sure if that's within your price range, but I'd go and play one, once you hear it, you'll be hooked the same way I was.

5. chiuey98

chiuey98 OT Resident Bangkokian

what kind of music do you play?

and do you play lead or rythm?

If you're not that good, there no point on buying a 24 fret guitar, it's gonna be useless to you. I've been playing for 12 yrs, and I've never had the need to go beyound a 22.

If memory serves me right, you can get a SG for about 900 bucks, but I think a US standard Strat is about 600.

6. RAGEman

RAGEman Guest

I have a Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Artist Limited Edition.

Got it for $600 from Musician's Friend.

It's one of the best guitars I've ever played on...

:)

7. go with the rg models in the ibanez line i mean theres they are basically the satriani line with out the gay handle cut into the guitar

8. Arun

Arun Guest

what the hell is with all these people posting backstage topics in the tunes forum!?