Good green tea drink?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Naturally Baked, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

I tried fuze today but as I was reading the label I saw in the ingredients "crystaliine fructose honey" or something similar so I threw it away..it tasted really good but im assuming that its some sort of hybrid of high fructose corn syrup....so does anyone know of a decent green tea bottled drink that doesnt contain poison :hsugh: :coolugh:

2. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

It's fructose from honey. I am not sure what the problem is.

3. Naturally Baked

so its not harmful like HFC is?

4. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

How is HFC harmful? It is fructose. It is found in fruits, honey and table sugar. Small amounts are not going to be a problem.

5. Naturally Baked

:hsugh:

6. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

What? Small amounts of fructose are not harmful at all (16 grams of fructose in this instance). Find me a study saying so. Thanks.

7. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Go to walmart, go to section with green teas, pick one that suits your taste.

8. ices

ices New Member

Kirklands green tea (bags). But that might be too authentic for your delicate taste buds.

9. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

anykind of jasmine green tea. boil a bunch of water and put some tea bags in it. then take them out after 4 min and let the water cool a little. Then put in a pitcher and put in the fridge.

10. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

how about some real green tea and hot water? :hsugh:

you can throw in all the sugar you want if you don't want it healthy

11. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk OT Supporter

do this... the store bought stuff is processed to shit and probably loses all of it's nutritional benefits. Brew it yourself, throw a little bit of splenda and lemon in there and it's delicious

12. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

cancer or obesity?

http://www.splendaexposed.com/

13. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

so true. takes a little more time but you can experiment with a lot more different types of green tea

14. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

15. Krazy

Krazy OT Supporter

better off with black or chai tea

more caffeine

16. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

17. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk OT Supporter

Not everyone drinks tea for the caffeine...

18. smb is me

smb is me New Member

i would just like you guys to know that this thread spurred me to spend the last hour to hour and a half reading up on the negative side effects of splenda and splenda substituted drinks/foods.

conclusion: splenda, like everything else in this world, will probably slowly kill you. In regards to weight gain, new studies suggest that using splenda (or splenda based products) will actually lead to weight gain, rather than weight loss.

however, there seems to be to reasons to support this claim. one of them, at least to me, appears to be a paper dragon, even if proven true in rats.
    #1) you may gain weight (fat) b/c it is a simple carb. and it will act as do all simple carbs. -- guess i can't see much false in this statement.

#2) and this is the one that they really seem to focus on, is that it tricks the brain into thinking it will get something sweet, which works for a minute or few, but eventually the body realizes it consumed no calories and recieved no sugar rush. Thus, you will still crave sugary foods, and crave carbs even more. Therefore, you will then over consume. So even tho you are cutting out calories from sugar, you will, inevitably i guess, still consume more calories in the long run--b/c your body has not satisfied its needs. This happened with mice.

I'd argue number 2 is pretty weak, at least for someone who eats intelligently. I could see where the "average american" who has no idea what they are putting into their body maybe wouldn't recognize that they are simply picking those calories and then some back up in other/larger meals. But for someone who monitors their diet, and simply substitutes splenda (or other artificial sweetener) for sugar, keeping everything else constant, seems to me it would have to be beneficial. assuming it doesn't cause cancer.

i am not endorsing splenda, just pointing out the fallacy of their retarded argument.
    :mamoru:

19. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Splenda is fucking fine

As to #1, no, it is not a simple carb. The chlorine substitution makes it impossible for glucose-6-phosphatase to bind a phosphate group to it. The metabolism stops here and it passes through the body unchanged with no net gain of ATP.

And #2 is the gayest most retarded shit I've ever heard so I'm not gonna bother.

20. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

I actually just clicked that link. That stupid whore would have failed my freshman cemistry class.

Lol. She refers to the cloride as "the same chlorine we use to disenfect". Full of fucking lols. Maybe someone needs to read their chlorox bottle and see that sodium hypochlorite is the active ingediant and does its job because hypochlorite (-OCL4) is an oxidant. But what the fuck would I know about chemistry....lols

21. LaFinduMonde

LaFinduMonde New Member

That was just the first link I came up with. All I know is that I'd rather eat sugar (or nothing) than replace it with Splenda.

Fuck, it's tea. It has enough great flavor before you add any other shit to it.

22. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

nobody tell her that chlorine is also in table salt :hsugh:

23. smb is me

smb is me New Member

according to a study by Duke University, as well as some others, yes it has chlorine bonds, as does table salt. But splenda is more closely related to pesticides in nature :eek3: than is it to table salt. The structure of the chlorine bonds are the same as you find in pesticides, and splenda was actually discovered by scientists trying to devise a new and better pesticide :eek3:

but i still agree with JeremyD, when i'm wanting something sweet, i'll usually invite "splendicide" to the party

24. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Can you name them please? I have seen this before, but if I remember right, the structures are completely different making the comparison irrelevant. The only thing common was a Cl added to a carbon ring--BFD.

25. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Eat some chlorine and report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.