Good Gable/Dsl Providers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kalipbean, Jul 12, 2005.

1. kalipbean

kalipbean New Member

Im looking for a very fast connection, but not to expensive, problem is I live kinda in the boonies so..I know some connections it doesnt matter where you live but some do, does anyone know a provider where my location doesnt matter?

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Your location always matters for land based broadband. If you don't have cable (or they don't do broadband) or your telco isn't equipped for DSL, you're SOL. You can get a T1 just about anywhere but it's download isn't all that fast by today's standards and they're not exactly cheap.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I'm looking for a big titty woman who is fathful, makes lots of money and loves sex. Anyone know of where I can get one of those?

4. kalipbean

kalipbean New Member

Ya, well ive tried a lot of providers but due to my location, running a cable line to me is gonna cost way much, what about wireless?

5. zanyspy_dude

zanyspy_dude King of teh n00bz

if you can get comcast cable, do it. I don't give a shit what people have against it....AMAZINGLY fast, decent price, it only improves, nice tech people, never once have they tried to fuck me

Other's i've tried (best first)
    abcs.net (local dsl)
    verizon.net (dsl)
    having my friend fax me the internet pages i wanted (to show how bad below is)
    * > timewarner (cable) TOTAL SHIT

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I have found Timewarner Road Runner to be the best. But it's geographical-specific.

7. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

:ugh: you must have been doing something wrong with your cable line

8. kalipbean

kalipbean New Member

Well since i live out in the boonies, it would cost a $1 per foot for them to run the cable line from the main road which would run me about.....$2000, so no way, does anyone know how much wireless cable/dsl runs and if its compatiable with my desktop pc..?

9. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

When we looked into wireless for our office, it was about $1500 Canadian for setup and $250/month Canadian for service (cheaper if you signed a 2-year contract IIRC). It was a fast, reliable connection, and came with as many static IPs as you wanted, but it wasn't cheap. This also assumes that they already have a transmitter that can serve your house. If there's no transmitter there, it's very expensive to get one put in.

10. zanyspy_dude

zanyspy_dude King of teh n00bz

how do you figure? in this area time warners lines were not enough to server hdtv and a cable modem at the same time (the house is about 150 years old). They would never fix the problem. The cable modem would go out for days at a time. The customer service was terrible, all they could tell you to do was power cycle the modem. Switched to dsl, it's a tad slower, but it's on ALL the time.

Isnt' there a way to get satilite internet too? it's fast comming in, but slow out? You might check into that....