Good friends 93 Civic hatch...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by AF Rugby, Apr 25, 2002.

1. AF Rugby

AF Rugby Gun in my mouth, I pray for the sunshine

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

best time to date = 12.4 :)

2. Biohazard

Biohazard Guest

excuse me for not knowing honda engines - but what engine is that? What all has he done to run a 12.4?

3. Soltaker

Soltaker 03-18-2015 #NEVERFORGET

H22 power! :big grin:

Gutted hatch and the H22 can be that fast. If you look closely, there is no interior. It makes a difference. For a 12.4 I would think he is running nitrous.

4. Biohazard

Biohazard Guest

Okay. I've been told about engine swaps in a 92-95 hatch. Question though - how much would it cost for a H22 engine or even B18 and the labor to swap them? A guy suggested this as opposed to getting a GT 5.0 (mainly cuz he is a Honda guy himself).

5. Soltaker

Soltaker 03-18-2015 #NEVERFORGET

I personally wouldn't recommend the H22, tho some people would. To me, there is a lot of extra work and parts involved v.s. a B18C swap. With the H22, you will need custom mounts, axles, wiring harness, ect... Plus, the H22 is heavier and makes for some understeer. Imagine driving around with a fat guy sitting on the front bumper. Some people say that beefing up the suspension helps, but I am a little skeptical. As for prices, the H22 is within $200 or so in price. However, the GSR is a bolt-in whereas the H22 needs those custom parts like I mentioned above. In the end the H22 would be more expensive. If you wanted a drag-only, or a cruiser/street racer, the H22 would be a good choice. But if the hatchie you have in mind will be daily driven, I would suggest the B18C1 swap :)

just my 2 cents............

6. Biohazard

Biohazard Guest

Again - pardon my stupidity, but I have 2 more questions? Would that be something I could do myself? If not, how much would a standard shop usually charge to swap it?

I used to want an older hatch, but I wasn't fortunate enough.....instead I got a CRX back then. I wasn't in to modications though, only stereo. It's definitely going to be a daily driver if I do it, because I don't have the money to support 2 cars. Also, how long would it take to swap the engines?

7. AF Rugby

AF Rugby Gun in my mouth, I pray for the sunshine

Leme just jump in and say... I thought with the H22, the car would handle so poor.. but it handles amazing... its got such great low end torque.. :bowdown: :bowdown: you can pass cars on the high or back roads without having to downshift.. its truely a street bruiser...This is his daily driver car.. rain snow everything. its a great all around car.. motor was 2500 (with ecu axles, wiring harnes) mounts were 500, and labor was 800 from DRT in ny... very very worth it if u have the money :)