Good first date ideas?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by poopies4u, Feb 18, 2006.

1. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

something different than just dinner and a movie

Cold out so mini golf and all that fun stuff is out the window :mad:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

coffee is always good. somewhere where you can talk to her and get to know her. nothing expensive

3. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

already know her, met her a few years ago at the beach... seen her a few times at a bar and finally grew some balls to just ask her out

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Ice skating? There's probably an indoor rink in your area, I would think....?

Added bonus there is you can talk while you skate, you get an opportunity for physical contact as you keep eachother from falling, holding hands, etc. And best of all, it's cheap enough that you could even each pay your own way in, and if it goes well you can take her for coffee or something afterwards as "your treat."

5. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

I was actually thinking about ice skating... not a bad idea

6. Digital_angel

Digital_angel New Member

ice skating is a good idea
    maybe laser tagging or like indoor sports area if either of you like sports.

7. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

cant exaclty talk or anything with that though

8. miniml

miniml New Member

i second the coffee reccomendation

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Only a hopeless romantic or a man with a smart girl friend would suggest that. :) I'm impressed.

The best first date I ever had my (now) Bf took me on a ghost tour at a town near by (it was late oct.) then he made me dinner at his house. just spaghetti. but we made it together and we had a blast. 2 1/2 years later- here we are...

I say ice skating and homemade dinner FTW.

10. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

creativity works almost every time

11. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I third this. While ice skating is romantic, it is also (1) expensive (2) filled with distractions [read: other men] (3) and has a possibility of getting injured (4) physical contact on your first date, if you initiate it, may be something that makes her uncomfortable because she does not know you (5) may be something where a women is just doing something with you for the entertainment value [read: you're doing something fun] instead of having to get to know you on a date.

I recommend the coffee or drink first date because it's very cheap and gives you a great opportunity to just sit and talk and see if you have any chemistry. Besides, if you took every first date to go skating, you'd be paying a lot of money and not be able to spend a lot of quality time getting to know each other.

The point of a first date is to go someplace quiet so you can talk without distraction and go someplace that does not cost a lot of money to weed out the gold diggers who are just looking for some guy to pay their way.

A woman who won't go on a coffee date is signalling her low interest in YOU. If she likes you, a walk in the park would be great, because that means she gets to talk to you, get to know you, and that's the whole point - finding someone who wants to get to know you, not what you can entertain her with.

12. Socrates

Socrates New Member

The best date I ever had with a girl was playing Mortal Kombat 3 and Super Mario World on my super nintendo :dunno:.

She even suggested it, and I LOVE Super Nintendo, so it worked out.

A girl who plays Nintendo is the diamond in the dirt for me! :bigthumb:

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

What skating rinks have you been going to? It certainly isn't expensive around my area.... :hsugh: We're talking $20 AT MOST per person, and like I said there's really nothing wrong with both paying your own way at that price point.

I can see your point; but at the same time I have to wonder why you treat entertainment as though it is a bad thing. The whole point I was trying to make was that if you do have fun together and "click" in that regard, it's usually a good sign that she's willing to get to know you better (hence my mention of grabbing coffee or doing something even more conversation-heavy after the activity).

If she seems akward about the INNOCENT physical contact that may occur while on the ice, it can be a good indicator that she won't be receptive to you later on, either. It isn't like you're going out there trying to cop a feel, you're trying to show her that you can be her protector, keeping her from falling. And, too, since there is a potential for that akwardness of falling, it'll serve to show that she's comfortable being in embarrassing situations with you around. In a good relationship one must be comfortable with their partner being there for the good AND the bad, and stick together through all of those high and low points.

I guess I just see physical activity, or "entertainment" on a first date as striking that all-important balance between having fun and being serious early on. And besides that, there's an old saying that goes, "Actions speak louder than words." Conversation is nice, but doing something active and physical together (innocently enough -- not implying sexual even in the least) can tell you just as much or more than a conversation ever could about the chemistry and connection potential of a relationship.

14. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Bowling is a great date idea...
    Also walking outside is great if it's nice out.

15. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

I already know her so and we already have chemistry and common interests or so I thought.... fucking bitch never called back, left a message at 5 and a text at 9... NEXT

16. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Low interest level, end of story.

Now aren't you glad you did not spend $40 ice skating with her? This is why coffee dates are a great first date idea.

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Kind of an interesting idea from a book called "How To Succeed With Women" is called the "priming date."

The first date you should have with her, the "priming date", should be at a coffee shop, and should last anywhere from 40-60 minutes. You put a time restraint right from the beginning, like saying "I can only stay for a little bit." ----- Anyways, get her interested in you, build some rapport so she knows you're not going to rape her or something.

After the date is over, set up another date a few days later, or the "seduction date" where you sweep her off her feet and close the deal (at least a kiss) by the end of the date.

That being said, it is just an idea or one technique, but if you are just shit-hot and can get her interested on the first date, then that sounds like a better idea to me!

18. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

am i the only one that finds ice skating and mini-golf... ohhh... I don't know..... uhhhh...
    STUPID AS HELL IF YOU'RE PAST MIDDLE SCHOOL???

chicks actually go for that shit?
    damn... that's that "dumbing down" I hate.

as far as coffee. yeah, that's pretty foolproof. question though...
    this chick who i'm sure was pretty interested turned down a coffee date because she just didn't like coffee. That really took me by surprise, I didn't know where to go from there.
    besides a bar... what are some other quick, informal dates???

19. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

lunch somewhere maybe? Some small cafe or something...

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Bakery is a good second choice, as you can usually find something little to eat. Some folks like a Tapas place (appetizer like menu) or, quite frankly, a bar but just have a soda. It's not about the venue so much as the time together.

21. Carisma

Carisma New Member

Not all coffee shops only serve coffee...she can get a tea, soda or something. But I second the idea for a lunch date or maybe even a picnic if you are in a warm climate area, if not maybe a museum (free of course). Just somewhere quiet and no distractions.