good dressings for wheelwells and plastic trim?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Aug 12, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

what are some good dressings for doing wheelwells and plastic trim around vehicles?

2. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I use Meguiar's trim its real good stuff on renewing and the blackess it leaves. best to clean suface real good, I like to apply in heat, wait and reapply it or buff it up, great for rubber vinel trim and plastic
    Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing I apply on the wheel wells, on my truck I use plastic black paint on the wheel wells which last the longest

3. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Armor-all works. Contrary to popular belief it's a water-based, completely safe dressing.

Stoner's Trim Shine (I buy the bulk 5-gallons which is water-based. The areosol version is solvent based) works well too.

303 Aerospace works great but I would get something cheaper for wheel wells. It has a high amount of UV inhibitors in it. Can be found at boating supply stores.

4. GJBenn85

GJBenn85 New Member

I'm finding that for exterior trim, if I do not want to use a sealant, 1Z Tiefenpfleger works great. Seems to be pretty durable and has a nice look for exterior use. Only downside is its cost of $13 for 500 mL.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Armor All for the fenderwells:

[​IMG]

and Meguiars #38 Tire and Trim Dressing (Gel).

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Ive just recently started useing poorboys trim restorer. I think it works great. I find i have to use less product, and exert less effort then i do with any og the megs products mentioned in this thread.

Cant speak on 303 or stoners in comaprison...never used them before. :dunno:

7. perry

perry burp

The cheap-o Armor All tirefoam works great for me on the wheel wells.