Good deal?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by idontgiveashit, Aug 11, 2003.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

alright, ive redone my whole mustang and it looks pretty damn fast, its quick, but nothing spectacular. Ive got a chance to buy a 308 motor, blueprinted/balanced and spun to 12 grand, s trim s/c with 14pounds of boost, trickflow heads, intake, the works, i dont remember the injectors, but they were big, 58 mil throttle body, TKO? tranny, some badass clutch that was 600 alone, motor is sposed to be pulling around 500 at the wheels, car runs mid 10s i guess, whole set up for 6k, should i get a loan and go for it or build my own? Motor has maybe 2k miles on it. Guy got broke so hes gotta sell.

2. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

If your talking about getting a mid 10's motor (1/4 mile) already equipped with an S trim S/C, and the clutch to go with it for $6k, that sounds like a deal to me. A new Vortech S Trim S/C alone is going to be $4-6k minimum depending on the application.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

42 # injectors i think

4. idontgiveashit

also, there is 7k in the shortblock alone with balancing/BP

5. Jonjolt

Jonjolt Guest

Why even bother, if your gonna use it for street use. There is no point, I don't even understand how hopping up a 302 sounded like a good idea. If you want a drag car, use a 351W it's a tight squeeze but it fits without having to replace the hood. A 351W can pull those numbers with little work. 6K is a rip off, oh and you shouldn't be taking a loan out for these kind of things. If you have to pull a loan for an engine I think you got other things to worry about first.

6. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

Yep, the Windsor does work. My brothers just rips.

7. idontgiveashit

well for one im a highschool student, so i cant have a fulltime job. And hes selling me everything but intake and s/c for 2100 and my dad is goin to lend me the money for that...so ill update as soon as i get it.