Good deal on bike?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by cgblacklude, Sep 16, 2003.

1. cgblacklude

cgblacklude Guest

2. Dhan

Dhan OT Supporter

i dunno if i would pay so much with that many miles but then again im still new to this stuff so it might be ok :dunno:

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Personally, I don't buy vehicles through eBay, since it's so prone to fraud and misrepresentation. I like to be able to inspect a vehicle in person before making an offer on it.

KBB shows the RETAIL value (if the bike was bought used through a dealership- inspected and warranteed, I assume) as being $3040. Since this is private party, I'd say $2500 would be a good price for this bike. The helmets/jackets don't add anything, since you're going to want to get your own gear anyway.

With a $2800 opening bid, I'd pass on it.

4. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

I dunno...

I just sold a 93 F2 for $2,000. While the guy got a pretty good deal on the bike, you have to consider the condition of the bike. It was an ex-track bike with racing plastics. It had some suspension work done to it but no way was it in great condition.

That bike will probably for $3200. Looks pretty clean. Last year of the F2 was the best... Although I like the 93 color schemes better.

5. Hobie1

Hobie1 No longer self-employed & now hating life

Warranty on a 10 year old sport bike, good luck on getting that honored...