A&P Good deal on a D70?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by macadamiaman, Nov 22, 2005.

1. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

I know someone offering his D70 for $600 cash.

Comes with 18-70 F3.5-4.5 DX zoom, charger, and near new Crumpler Bag. No memory card :( ...but I can fetch a 70x 1gb for <$60, or a 50x 2gb for $115 or so.

Has had 6120 shutter releases, he bought it new in the summer of 2004. He's a local professional graphic/web designer and hobbyist.

Is that a lot of use? 6120 seems like a lot to me when the shutter is mechanical and everything, but I would think that he's taken care of it. Or maybe that's not very many? I know when I was buying a color copier for my company we bought a used one with about 6000 copies, and apparently these copiers are made for hundreds of thousands, so 6k or so was considered almost brand new.

Just wanted to get some feedback from the more experienced DSLR fans on this board :)

2. redna

redna New Member

my D70 has over 21000 actuations and i havent had any problems yet...

sounds like basically a "kit" for 600 bucks. If everything was in good condition I'd do it.

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

The shutter lasts well over 100,000 6k is nothing! Btw thats an awesome deal, go for it.

4. El Chupacabras

El Chupacabras Blue and Gold Member

yeah thats sounds like a good deal as long as there isnt anything wrong with it that he isnt telling you :dunno: great camera though, and the lens is nice too

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i'd say go for it!

6. sony

sony Active Member

do it!!! :big grin:

7. sony

sony Active Member

p.s. but lowball him 550 to see if he bites first

8. sony

sony Active Member

hehe i'm a DSLR fan.. gooo DSLR!!! :bowdown: :mamoru2:

9. Crossett

Crossett New Member

if i were to sell mine i would price the body at $600, sounds like a good deal to me. mine also has ~10k actuations with no problems at all

go for it

10. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

Cool, I'm going to see him now and check it out. Too bad I won't have a card for a few days or even a week... why are stores DOUBLE the price of places like newegg?? How can they get away with it? I don't want to pay $100 for a 1gb slow CF card while I can get a 1gb 70x for less than $60 without even going to a store...

Anyway so glad to see that 6k is nothing on these cameras. I hope to have it for years past the point when people are making fun of me for using a low end 6MP camera :)

11. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member

Got it today. Perfect condition. Always used the LCD cover so it's meticulous, never used the kit lens, only his own ones. No wear on the rubber buttons or anything. The guy had a huge dual 21" LCD high res setup with a couple lenses, one was $1500 he said. I suppose when it's your job, you don't care how much equipment costs :)

Only problem is one dead pixel that comes up dark blue on a black/dark background. Dead pixels annoy me! I returned my first laptop because it had a single dead pixel - out of 2.3 million (1920/1200, 15.4") - I could barely see it (dark red) but it annoyed me to hell beceause I actively looked for it all the time. But that's oook I suppose, I don't use the screen too much anyway on the D70 :)

Now to find a card. I found a 64mb CF from ages ago in a drawer and that's getting quite frustrating. Any amazing deals out there? Looking to spent $50 or so on a 1gb. Thanks for your feedback.

12. sony

sony Active Member

13. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

24k actuations and still running smoooth..nice camera

14. macadamiaman

macadamiaman New Member