Good deal on a 5.1 package? (Klipsch)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scoob_13, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

http://store.yahoo.com/sstheater/kliprefsysrf1.html

Price for it is $2500 regularly, they're selling it for 1588

Good deal?

And for $100 more, I could get the same package with the KSW15, so it'd be a 15" sub instead of a 12"

2. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

3. Scoob_13

I actually went by a Tweeter's yesterday to pick up some flushmount ceiling speakers for my kitchen and dining room (picked up some Klipsch's, actually) and I went by again today, but neither Tweeter's nor Ultimate Electronics had them :/

The ceiling speakers alone are reason enough for me to want the Klipsch's, but the free shipping and that pricing is pretty decent. I can't decide if I really need a 15" 800w sub though :sad2:

4. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

No, you don't need a 15 inch sub. Do you watch a lot of MOVIES? Or do you watch a lot of concert DVDs?

See personally... I only really watch music DVDs... so I want a real musical speaker. Klipsch just doesn't do it for me. But if you watch only movies, they're great.

Get 'em man!!

5. Scoob_13

I watch mostly movies, however when I have people over I like to have background music, or we'll watch the hockey games, PS2, etc.

In about a year I'll move up to a HDTV tv, however I'm still using an 8 year old Mitsubishi bigscreen that needs a projector alignment pretty badly :o