Good controller for FPS?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Does one exist? If only someone would come out with a controller built like a PS2 or even XBox S controller would be fine.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yeah, about 40 years ago they came out with this kick-ass controller called a keyboard. It's modeled after the typewriter. Then later-on they developed this thing called a mouse. Use those together and it's amazing what you can do.

[/end sarcasm]

They make adaptors that let you use PS2/XBox controllers on your PC... But it really sucks. Most games require the interaction of a kb/mouse to get the full effect.

3. SEPHROTH64

SEPHROTH64 Guest

i have a wingman, its got shoulder buttons and joysticks

4. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

You know, some people just prefer PS2 or XBox style controllers when playing FPS games. Just depends on what you're used to. I can't use them, but it's because I've only ever used keyboards and mice for FPS games. Someone who plays them on a PS2 or XBox would just have an easier time using those controllers.

As for controllers for PCs, there are controllers, like SEPHROTH64 said. I know there are also ways of taking an XBox controller and replacing the standard connector with a USB connector and downloading driver software to get it to work on your PC. As far as setting a controller like that up to play an FPS on your PC, I think it depends on the game. A lot of games let you customize the controls, but to what extent really depends.

5. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

there is a Playstation 2 to USB adapter by kiki-joy, i've heard good things, and plan on buying one soon

6. MrFaldyn

MrFaldyn MrFaldyn

keyboard and mouse

7. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

i SUCK with controllers, ESPECIALLY in FPS. i can never aim and i always get the buttons wrong lol. i try not to play any new consoles really, they are pretty disappointing.

keyboard and mouse all the way, especially a sensitive mouse and ultra quiet keyboard that doesn't clikity-clack in games.

but here ya go...

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/PCphspp5g215jamurv/

8. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:werd:

everything else for FPS is uber-:greddy:

9. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter