Good calorie free/low cal sauce for chicken stir fry?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by disblohs, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

I've been bringing baked chicken for lunch and no matter what I do I can't get it to taste good. I've tried spices, frank's red hot, etc. Does anyone know of a good calorie free or very low cal sauce that I can put on my chicken to make it taste halfway decent?

Normally I bake the chicken and then cut it up afterwards, but I'm thinking about pan frying it for a bit, then cutting it into cubes, and then returning it to the pan. The only problem is that it takes a lot longer to pan fry because I have to hover over it rather than baking where I can just leave it in there for 45 minutes and be done with it.

Any ideas are really appreciated

2. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

This is why I end up not eating chicken all that much :dunno:

Try looking for a chicken satay recipe. The sauce is delicious and tastes like peanut butter so it might be possible to make a tasty healthy one

3. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

honey
    applesauce
    ginger sauce
    wasabi

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Buy some of the low-cal kraft salad dressings and use it as a marinade or pour it on your cooked chicken. I personally prefer to eat chicken with mustard though :o Maybe stuff it with something.

5. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

tomato salsa
    tapatillo

6. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Dude hit up the marinade section of the grocery store. I have 4 that I cycle through and they never get old.

I also put it on hamburger patties.

There are a lot of sensible ones. People get worried about the calories in a marinade, but honestly most of it is falling right into the grill.

7. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

I know one but you would have to go to like an asian store and get the stuff. Very easy to make, it can sit at room temperature, and lasts forever.

2 parts Mirin (asian sweet cooking wine)
    1 part Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce

Reduce at medium high heat by 1/3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. disblohs

I picked up a couple Lawry's marinades today that are lower in cals. I cook them in a pan on the stove since I don't have a grill :hs: so most of the sauce remains on the chicken.

9. disblohs

I ended up picking up a few Lawry's marinades, salsa, hot sauce, soy sauce, and the stars of the show: Walden Farms honey mustard dressing, chocolate syrup, and barbeque sauce. The Walden Farms stuff is all calorie free :eek:

10. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Yeah honey mustard or BBQ sauce are FTW but a little high in calories. I just recently starting buying marinades and :bowdown:. I have like 3-4 that I use and chicken is never getting old. :)

11. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

names please

12. xela

xela So say we all!

Kikoman makes an awesome stir fry sauce. I haven't looked at the calories though.

13. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

KC Masterpiece honey terryake [sp?] and sesame seed :bowdown:
    Same brand cajun

Those are the only two I have left right now, time to get some more.

14. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

unless you are eating some creamy sauce does it really matter? throw some soy sauce on there and have at it!

15. girlygirl18t

girlygirl18t New Member

Love lawry's marinades

lemon and or lime juice with some evoo grilled

I have a grill stir fry basket that I use almost everyday. I throw some veggies in a ziplock with some evoo and garlic powder (not garlic salt) perfect.

Here are some tasty, and healthy, marinating solutions to add around-the-world flavors to meats, vegetables and fruits:
    Asian - 1/2 cup orange juice, 2 Tbsp rice wine, 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, garlic and/or ginger to taste. (Try on chicken, fish, asparagus, broccoli, or sliced peaches or pineapple).
    Middle Eastern - 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 4 Tbsp fresh mint (chopped), 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, red pepper to taste. (Traditional favorite with lamb, also good on roasted potatoes).
    Mediterranean - 1/2 cup red wine, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic and/or basil to taste. (Good with seafood of any type; soaked and sauteed Belgian endive or mushrooms, grilled pear or pineapple slices).
    Caribbean - 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, red pepper flakes to taste. (Traditional soak for pork; try on roasted carrots and sweet bell peppers, wonderful on grilled apple or apricot slices).
    French - 1/3 cup white wine vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (minced), 2 tsp fennel seed (crushed), optional - 1/3 cup Pernod liquor. (Good with game hens and shrimp; brush onto grilled onions and summer squash, interesting with grilled apple and pear slices).
    ion"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.