Good bike for a tall guy?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Khlav Kalash, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Khlav Kalash

Khlav Kalash RIP JMJ

I'm looking for a sport bike that I don't feel HUGE on.

I'm 6'8"... I heard the new Aprilia's have a pretty far reach, but I haven't actually sat on one yet.

Any suggestions as where to start?

2. MrDoEverything

MrDoEverything New Member

The reach on Aprilias is pretty long however the pegs are pretty high. I'm 6'1" and I'm happy my legs aren't any longer when I ride one. The Tuono would be your best bet if you went with Aprilia since it allows for a larger rider with it's handle bars, though the pegs are in the same position as the RSVR. Personally I find the RSVR very uncomfortable despite its long reach. It puts a lot of pressure on your wrists.

Have you thought about KTM's 950SM? There is a lot of space on that bike and it's a blast to ride. Honestly other than that I can only think of a Busa, the Kawi 1400 or a Concourse.

Even at my height I feel big on sport bikes so you're in an even tougher spot. Good luck man.

3. Khlav Kalash

Khlav Kalash RIP JMJ

4. Quickstrike

Quickstrike New Member

I would check out some of the older sport bikes made in the 90's. They were more tailored towards comfort and are generally much bigger / roomier than the new models out today.

I am 6'4" and my cbr600f2 seems to fit me well.

I think I heard that Kawasaki bikes are generally more suitable for the taller crowd (compared to other Japanese makes).

If all else fails, you might be best on a dual-purpose bike. Bikes like the KLR650 and F650GS offer lots of reach.