Good Auto Mp3 Tagging prog?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Euphonic, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Euphonic

Euphonic #300

anyone know of one that will just go though your library and retag and rename everything 4 you?? am i dreaming?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

check out Tag&Rename. It can write tags based on the filename, etc. It will also connect to the freedb to download the tags as well.

3. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

The Godfather has worked really well for me. In the forums there is a patch that will automatically parse the AMG site to pull to album info and review for the tagging.

4. sholnay

sholnay New Member

most tagging programs will do this if you already have partial ID3 tag data or some sort of info contained in the song already.

If some of your songs are like mine, whose filenames are destroyed and contain no ID3 data - then you're SOL aside from listening to the music and renaming it yourself.

The program I have used is www.ultratagger.com and I found that it works very well and is pretty easy.

I have recently heard about analogx's tagger which can be found here (and is free): http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/tagm.htm I havent tried it - but all of the software of Analogs that I have tried is very good =)

5. BinaryMadman

BinaryMadman New Member

I've been using MediaMonkey for managing my MP3 files. I had files that my little brother made with the names:
    Track 01.MP3
    Track 02.MP3
    Track 03.MP3

Thankfully he at least wrote the name of the artist and/or album on the folders. Using it's customized Amazon lookup feature, it was able to properly tag all the songs correctly even though they had those ambiguous file names (checked to make sure). I was tagging Albums pretty quickly after that.:big grin:

It's still a tricky process if the program used to make the MP3's wrote the track numbers wrong. I used Nero and it totally screwed up the track numbering for me.:(

As for a program that can scan them all and automatically find out every MP3's correct info with no tags, I don't think that's possible.

They really should, if they don't already, add the CD Id thing into every MP3 from the original CD's.

6. Diggumz

Diggumz Devin da dude

foobar2k + masstag = nguyen