Good All-Around Headphones?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by painball, May 24, 2004.

1. painball

painball Scumbag

I need some new headphones for wearing around everywhere. Around the house, playing pc games, and for working out/jogging.

I have to use my store credit from circuit city, so my choices are pretty limited. Since I wanted some small, portable headphones with good sound quality I have been considering the Koss PortaPros and the Sennheiser PX100. Any other recommendations?

Here is the selection of headphones I'm limited to. My price range is around $50.

2. LiquidXTC

LiquidXTC New Member

sony makes a good pair for around 50 bucks. ive had them for over a year and they still work great even though they have been abused.

3. painball

painball Scumbag

:dunno:

By the way, I just got through with a pair of crappy v300's. Worst. Headphones. Ever.

4. subzero

subzero Guest

ECOST has some shure e2c's for $63.98 w/ free ship,but there is a $4.95 handling charge but still for under $70 you cannot go wrong..excellent deal on excellent earbuds..

5. euphoric

euphoric Who else here has some pants? Moderator

can't lose with sennheiser

6. 04

04 Guest

I agree with subzero, get the e2c's.

7. painball

painball Scumbag

8. spydaman54

spydaman54 Guest

bose noise cancelling headphones...they are 200 bucks but worth every penny

9. Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas New Member

It depends on what youre really looking for, but the Sony MDR-EX71LP is a very good pair of headphones at just the right price. They provide noise cancellation and have suprisingly good bass. However, if you're exercising, every time the cord is bumped, you will hear it. As long as you do not plan on using the headphones primarily for excercise, they should serve you well.

10. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Haha... don't get the RCA wireless headphones. I bought those off ebay for 20 bucks. I'm got them today and am trying them out right now and for dicking around their fine but not worth 70$ plus tax. HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 70$ ... someone's banking on that deal.

POS's most definately.. .but wireless. :big grin:

11. vikram

vikram New Member

Sennheiser MX500, dirt cheap (~$20), really good earbuds

12. CyberLeader

CyberLeader Superior Cybernetic Race

:ugh: Or you could get the Shure e2c and get better headphones for 1/3 the price. Or etymotic ER-4 and get WAY better headphones for the same price.

Thats a killer price on the e2c, id go for that. Though they might not be ideal for jogging (I havent used them, but i assume the microphonics would make it very annoying. Anything more than walking is pushing it with the er-4.)

The Koss Porta-pro or senn px100 would be great, and probably better if you plan to do much jogging with them.

13. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member