good acne meds?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tehexile, Feb 21, 2006.

1. tehexile

tehexile New Member

i dont really have acne really... i just get pimples, mainly in the middle of my forhead and temples.... i thing that its one of the reasons i dont get girls, but lets not get into that.......... anyways what are some good OTC meds that could clear this stuff up?

2. imurmilk

imurmilk Mr. Marino

go to a dermatologist

3. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Get Noxzema (sp?) lotion.

When you take a shower, wash your face with soap, rinse it off, then put the Noxzema stuff on your face and let it sit for a minute, then rinse it off.

It works. Do it.

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

For reference, a hot compress or a hot shower can also significantly reduce acne. Hot water opens your pores and also draws out the oil. The hotter the better. However, hot water also damages your hair, so don't wash your hair with hot water.

I've gotten to the point where I can take ultra hot showers and it makes a huge difference. And it's free (unless you pay the gas bill!)

6. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

does sweating a lot from jogging clog or cleanse pores?
    I was always wondering about that.

7. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

The best thing that ever happened for my face was I went to a dermatologist. I now use Cetaphil to wash face, then use Benzaclyn for day time, Differin for night time, and then use some Cetaphil moisturizer.

Helped a lot! (but Benza and Diff are fuckin expensive without insurance)

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

It clogs it if you let the sweat dry for too long.

9. cefiro

cefiro New Member

If you want a foolproof method, take accutane. I took it, and while it sucks to be on it (face peeling) it will be worth it. I rarely get pimples, and I took it 3-4 years ago.

10. Wildwood*Flower

Wildwood*Flower New Member

I thought they recalled accutane. Causing suicidal thoughts it teens....

11. cefiro

cefiro New Member

hmm, I dont know. I never had a problem with it. I knew there were some side effects, I had to have my blood checked once a month. I think it had something to do with possible side effects causing damage to the liver.

If accutane is gone, im sure there is some other pill out there just like it.

12. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I posted this in another thread almost just like this one Mary Kay.

13. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

welcome to life

There is a difference between bad acne, and getting pimples. Most people get pimples, I have most of my life.

Just wash your face with a good face wash (I prefer Clean&Clear products), and if that doesnt clean things up use some cream sparingly.

Pimples really arent a big deal though, they just seem that way when you are a self-contious teen, needing to get layed, and looking for excuses on why it isnt happening.

14. jonno

jonno New Member

someone with mild acne really has no business taking accutane. especially if he hasnt even tried other antibiotics yet

15. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

Dynacin is a great oral antibiotic. I used that with differin and it worked wonders for like 6 months.

I think my body got used to the antibiotics though, and it stopped working.

my acne is getting bad and i'm not sure where to go from there with no health insurance now.

retin-a fuckin destroys my face. peels and gets all raw. sucks.

16. FredBull

FredBull *******

####___####___####___###_ #_______#__#___#_______#
    duac acne gel

17. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

I did the accutane thing a few years back as well. Cleared up my face like no other, but it is a serious drug. Had to have my blood checked monthly, and it wasnt the easiest thing to be on. Very painful. Lips always dried or cracked, very dry skin. Try other things first.

18. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

No, don't take accutane for regular pimples. The only reason people are properly prescribed accutane is for medium-severe cystic acne. It is a very bad idea for someone that only has some pimples to take accutane.

19. veonake

To the OP: I had very bad acne a few years ago and took accutane, from what you described, you don't need accutane. I still get pimples though and this is what I do to keep myself as clear as possible:

Use cetaphil or similar cleanser (most grocery stores sell their own name of the same stuff, it's a non-comedogenic cleanser) on your face in the morning and before you go to bed. Scrub lightly with your fingers not anything abrasive. When you dry your face, pat it dry, don't rub it dry. Then, use this stuff called benzoyl peroxide, Neutrogena has a brand-name product called on-the-spot acne treatment that uses the stuff. The good thing about the neutrogena one is that it has a lower percentage of benzoyl peroxide than those other "max strength" acne treatments but does just as effective job simply because the higher % doesn't help treat acne better, it just dries out your skin too far. Instead of following the directions of applying it only to current pimples, apply it so that it covers the different areas of your face that commonly breakout, and apply enough that it's easy to rub in, but you don't have trouble spreading it. For example, in the morning and before bed everyday I apply it to my chin, part of my neck and the corners of my nose. This way it prevents breakouts rather than just clearing up current ones.

See if that works.

20. Camron James

Camron James New Member

:werd:

Werd on the greasy face..... It is freaking ridiculous and sucks. I talk on the phone for a few minutes and the side touching my face is just COVERED. I have to clean it off before I put it down....

21. Tragedy

Tragedy New Member

i dont know i dont really get acne or pimpes. But i do once in a while when i have a break out. iam still only 18 so its part of growing i guess. But i just got a break out recently and it was kinda bad so i was like wtf so i went to a dermatologist and she subscribed me some stuff. You cant buy it over the counter or anything. I started using it in the last 2 days and my face is almost perfectly clear, just a little spot it there but it should be gone tomrorow. this shit is so powerfull it kinda suckks it drys your face so bad and it stings so you have to put lots of cream on your face.

best thing to do is to see a doctor

22. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

i know what your going through. i have ance and it sucks

meds only help they dont cure. only time cures.

23. jonno

jonno New Member

megadose b5

24. veonake

Bite the bullet and go to a dermatologist.

25. jonno

jonno New Member

that too..