good 19" CRT monitors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by johnnywallywallace, Feb 9, 2004.

1. any suggestions?

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

What is your budget.

3. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB or NEC FP912SB
    Viewsonic P95F
    Samsung 955DF

The first two suggestions obviously better...the last one still good for those on a budget. I'd go with the Mitsubishi if you can afford it.

4. budget? well, I'd like to have a nice 17" LCD, but can't afford a $450 or $500 panel with a nice refresh. soooo, I'm going CRT for cost, but if I'm going CRT, want to go AT LEAST 19" flat. I'd like to cap it off at $300 I think.

5. I've heard Mitsu monitors last forever ... a buddy just sold a 21" 2.5 yr old monitor to another buddy 5 or 6 months ago, and it's still going strong.

I've had a Samsung SyncMaster 700IFT for 5 or 6 years now ... some minor complaints, but all in all, a pretty solid line of monitors in my experience.

I've heard bad things about lifetimes fo larger Viewsonic monitors ... any personal experience with the P95F?

6. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

I've had my Samsung 955DF for about 3 years now...has worked great the entire time, although alot of better products have come out since. The only experience I have with Viewsonics is at work where we have a 21" bought for our drafting machine 5 years ago and a bunch of 17" lcd's...all still run great. I have no personal experience with the P95F+

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-002-220&depa=0
    looks like it might have free shipping too.

7. pummer

pummer New Member

NEC and Mitsubishi are now the same company. They produce great CRTs, and the FP912 is an excellent 19", IMO the best on the market. I use one at work, and love it. At home, I have the FE991SB, which is slightly worse but is still a great monitor. I'd never buy another brand of CRT.

8. Jericho

Jericho Active Member

I just had my NEC monitor go out on me 3 days ago :/ :mad:

9. ^mojo

^mojo www.bryandaledesign.com

do dell's make good crts?